Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

3 months ago

Hi @escapedayspa1 

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We are currently investigating this concern and will need the following information. We will notify you as soon as an update is ready.

For the meantime, please turn off Web Guard so you can access the internet.

Regards,

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

90 Points

3 months ago

After spending hours troubleshooting with T-Mobile and Apple Support for my iPhone, it was discovered that it is the Web Guard VPN. Sadly, I had to turn it off in order to use any of my Apps or surf the internet.

If TrendMicro can fix this, that would be awesome.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

10 Messages

• 

250 Points

Hi @kingnatasha7 

We are already aware of the issue and we are currently investigating this concern. We will notify you as soon as an update is ready. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Yes I had the same problems. All of a sudden I could not use my apps anymore on data usage. Only on wifi. Had to go to the Apple Store and had it fixed. They told me this security was a waste of money as Apple is protected and their protection is very tight. It cost me $25 :(

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @gertrudgevers,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.

We understand that you sought assistance from Apple to address the issue, and we want to clarify that our team had already released a new version of Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS: 11.2.1071. This update solves the problem from the previous version (11.2.1070) and reverts the changes made to Web Guard.

It's regrettable that this information wasn't communicated to you sooner, we regret any additional expense you may have incurred and any inconvenience this situation may have caused you.

If you have any further concerns or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights