Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Saturday, December 9th, 2023 2:00 PM

Closed

VPN

When I activate my VPN it blocks my ability to connect to internet on my iPhone. It started doing this 3 days ago prior to that no problems. It is not affecting my iPad. Anyone else with this issue?

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

8 months ago

11:46 A.M. EST

12/9/2023

I have an iPad 3 but do not use Trend Micro VPN. The one I use disconnects and my e mail has been messed up lately. Have u updated Apple’s newest updates? I have.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

8 months ago

Yes, I have done all updates. I’m thinking it’s a conflict with bug fixes on the iOS 17.1.2 update. 

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

Every time Apple updates, I have to check my settings-a pain in the neck. Friends have that complaint 2. My email is still a mess - delayed. Even hazard weather updates from NWS😳 Heavy snow and strong wind gusts e-mail being delayed. U don’t mess around with weather in upstate NY😡

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

@charladgeorge​ I think you’re right. Since the last iOS update I no longer get iMessage notifications on my phone - even from my designated emergency contact - and web pages just won’t load. Turned off the VPN and was able to access web pages again. Now I just need my son to test the iMessage notifications.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

@charladgeorge​ I think you’re right. Since the last iOS update I no longer get iMessage notifications on my phone - even from my designated emergency contact - and web pages just won’t load. Turned off the VPN and was able to access web pages again. Now I just need my son to test the iMessage notifications.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @saffy66,

For your VPN concern with Trend Micro Mobile Security, please ensure that you have already installed the latest version, which is 1.2.1024. Here's a guide on How to check if Trend Micro is in its latest version on iOS.

Please keep us posted if the issue persists even after updating to the latest version of Trend Micro Mobile Security.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

The issue persists; however I am inclined to blame iOS update 17.2.1 which I downloaded right before this started and has caused other issues. I can’t use the VPN because of this.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

8 months ago

Hi @charladgeorge and @aldelbaran ,

May we know if you have encountered this issue when the Web Guard is enabled on your Trend Micro Mobile Security? If Yes, we would like to get the following information:

1. iOS Version:

2. Trend Micro Mobile Security Version:

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Hello Chris, I have this same problem.  When Web Guard is on, I find that it is constantly disconnecting from Wifi.

iOS 17.1.2 & iPadOS 17.1.2

TMMS 11.2.1022

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

@tm_chris​ 

12:05 P.M. EST

Dec.11, 2023

TREND MICRO ACCOUNT VERSION 11.2.1022.

iPAD3 VERSION 17.1.2 (21B101)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

@tm_chris​ 

hi I am having the same issue. Wifi keeps disconnecting & then showing VPN. It happens all the time on my IPhone 13. 
I have just done the latest Apple update & still have same issue. It is very frustrating. 

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

12:02 PM EST

Dec. 12, 2023

I have a iPad 3. Yesterday (12/11,Monday) Apple Updated to: OS 17.2 (21C62). Working okay, well for now🤞

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

8 months ago

Yes, I had that issue before, fixed it, and it’s back again.  Extremely frustrating 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

8 months ago

Same issue here. The web guard VPN keeps disconnecting and connecting again. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

8 months ago

@aldelbaran Thank you for sharing that the issue has been fixed after updating iOS version to OS 17.2 (21C62).

@charladgeorge @william @helgab173 @trublu802 @ngsheng88 Kindly check if you're still having the same issue after updating to iOS 17.2. Also, please check if your Trend Micro program is updated to the latest version. You may check for available updates by clicking here.

Let me know how it goes.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

It continues to experience the same problem with iOS version 17.2

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_klariz​ still the same after updating to IOS 17.2

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @andrea14379 and @ngsheng88,

Please check some other factors that can cause this issue such as Low Power Mode being enabled on the iOS Devices and having a different VPN enabled.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_karl​ device not on low power mode and i dont have other VPN enabled. Have been using this for many years and do not have any issues until recently.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @ngsheng88​ and @andrea14379,

Kindly provide the information below:

1. Mobile Security Version:
2. Network Connection: (Example: WIFI, Mobile Data: 4G,5G,LTE)

Please try this troubleshooting as well:
1.Turn off Web Guard
2.Wait for a few minutes and test by checking the internet connection status on web browsers or applications

Let us know if issue still persists.

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

8 months ago

I am still having the same issue after updating to iOS 17.2

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @william,

Please check some other factors that can cause this issue such as Low Power Mode being enabled on the iOS Devices and having a different VPN enabled.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

130 Points

My iPhone device not on low power mode and i dont have other VPN enabled. Have been using this for many years and do not have any issues until recently

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @william,

Also, kindly provide the information below:

1.Turn off Web Guard
2.Wait for a few minutes and test by checking the internet connection status on web browsers or applications 

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

8 months ago

I’m having the same issue, even before the last iOS update. I travel everyday and the disconnection is frustrating. It does it when I’m in my homes WiFi also. I noticed that I cannot turn my VPN off in the settings. If there isn’t a fix soon I’ll just delete the trend security app altogether. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Rubicon_Guy,

Make sure that your Mobile Security is up to date. Here is the guide on how to upgrade your security to the latest version.

How to upgrade Trend Micro Mobile Security on iPhone or iPad | Trend Micro Help Center

​You may also check some other factors that can cause this issue such as having a different VPN enabled.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @Rubicon_Guy,

Also, kindly provide the information below:

1.Turn off Web Guard

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

7 months ago

5:01 AM EST

Dec. 15, 2023

Major hassle yesterday morning approximately 5:00 AM with my iPad 3 - couldn’t enter my 6 digit passcode😡 It worked fine when I logged in @ 4:00 AM then logged out.

Apple chat rep. recommended downloading their Support app. It did fix the problem.

Another update from Apple suppose to be ready for downloading sometime soon. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 months ago

Hi everyone!

Good news! We already have a new update which should fix the issue about the Trend Micro Mobile Security's Web guard feature, creating issues with your internet connectivity. Kindly update your Trend Micro Mobile Security to the latest version : 11.2.1024.

How to update ? Kindly refer to this link:

How to upgrade Trend Micro Mobile Security on iPhone or iPad | Trend Micro Help Center

Let us know if you have any questions.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

that update did not fix my issue. Running the latest IOS on my iPhone 12. Still experiencing sporadic ability to access websites, and continued issue with being  disconnected from home wifi. Frustrating - ready to cancel subscription.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

6 months ago

I have had this issue for a while now. I actually had to just turn off the VPN for webpages to load while on wifi. This is not a cheap software and I feel its unacceptable for issues like this to go on this long. I have read that they fixed it in the latest version 11.2.1024 but its still broken. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @thooton​, 

I'm sorry that this happened and yes, this concern was fix already when we release the 11.2.1024 version. May we know if you are experiencing the issue when you use Data connection as well? Also, Are all the apps installed on your phone is affected by this issue? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@thooton​ how do you turn off the VPN on an iPhone? thanks

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Hi @bjolles1 

Try doing these steps:

1. Open your settings app > general > VPN & Device Management.
 2. Tap on the very first option. could be either "VPN Not Connected" or "VPN Connected"
 3. Tap on the VPN configuration that you want to turn off or delete.

Let me know if it worked.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_ace​ I'm unable to disconnect VPN - I know where the toggle is in my settings but i won't "take" - goes back to VPN On immediately, 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

170 Points

@bjolles1​ I turn mine on and off by tapping Web Guard on the app and than tapping the image which shows VPN on or off. It’s never worked from phone settings.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

6 months ago

Issue so far is only when WIFI is used and does affect other apps. Problem is also present on iPad. Other devices on network (computer, Amazon fire sticks, etc.) have no connection issues. Computer is also running trend micro software. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @thooton​, 

May we verify the version of your Trend micro application both if its on your Phone and IPAD. 

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

iPhone and iPad App version 11.2.1024

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @thooton,

You're on the latest version already.

Please try to perform the steps below and check if there is any improvement.

1. Go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management > VPN

2. If the VPN Status is connected, try to disconnect it first

3. Click the information icon (i) for Web Guard Protection then Delete VPN

4. Go back to Mobile Security then setup and turn on Web Guard

5. Check if issue improved

Kindly provide the iOS version of your iOS devices that encounters this issue.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

Did not improve. 

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

6 months ago

I gave up on VPN over a year ago.  
It literally blocked EVERYTHING I was trying to do on my iPad and iPhone. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

6 months ago

I’ve done everything that everyone here has suggested. Nothing. Until now…..I finally found a fix!!!!!  

I deleted the app. Now my phone connects to the internet, especially when I’m traveling and even in my own homes WiFi!  I paid for the app yearly up front but I don’t think I’ll pay for it ever again. I’ll just eat the money I paid since it doesn’t expire until December of this year. Great idea, but it just doesn’t work. Way too many problems with this app and frankly I’m concerned about the data it collects. Apparently it’s not collecting the right data if it’s not working. Trendmicro, maybe you should not collect all the data on a customer and instead work on the apps VPN service instead?  Just a suggestion. Like I’ve said…once I uninstalled the app everything went back to normal for me. 

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@Rubicon_Guy​ same here! 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @Rubicon_Guy and @bjolles1 ,

Have you tried doing these steps already?

Please try to perform the steps below and check if there is any improvement.

1. Go to Settings > General > VPN & Device Management > VPN

2. If the VPN Status is connected, try to disconnect it first

3. Click the information icon (i) for Web Guard Protection then Delete VPN

4. Go back to Mobile Security then setup and turn on Web Guard

5. Check if issue improved

Kindly provide the iOS version of your iOS devices that encounters this issue.

Also if you want to know more on what data does the Trend Micro Mobile Security collect on your device , you can refer to the link below:

https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/article/TMKA-19412

Let me know if you have any questions.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

6 months ago

Hi everyone!

I'm glad to announce that a new version update for Trend Micro Mobile Security is now available!  Kindly update your Trend Micro Mobile Security app to the latest version : 11.2.1034. This update addresses several issues reported by our users and brings significant improvements to enhance your experience. To ensure you're getting the best possible experience, we highly recommend updating to the latest version of the app.

How to update? Kindly refer to this link:

We greatly appreciate your continued support and feedback as we strive to provide the best experience possible. If you have any questions or encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

150 Points

VPN is still not working on WiFi. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @thooton 

We understand that your still having the issue. May we know if you are now running in the latest build version which is 11.2.1034? If you are still having the issues on the newest version, try re-installing the application and re-apply all the permissions needed and please let us know if you will encounter the same. 

Thank you!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights