Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

Wednesday, October 18th, 2023 4:34 PM

Closed

VPN ProxyOne should Reactivate MobileSecurity WebGuard after disconnect

MobileSecurity on iOS activates a local VPN proxy when using the WebGuard feature. When the user activates VPN ProxyOne to protect network communication the MobileSecurity WebGuard proxy is turned off and VPN ProxyOne VPN becomes active. Once VPN ProxyOne is disconnected MobileSecurity WebGuard is no longer active. The user may consider WebGuard protection as still active since they never turned the feature off. VPN ProxyOne should check if MobileSecurity VPN is active and if it is then re-enable WebGuard when the ProxyOne session is disconnected.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

9 months ago

Hi @WideShield

That's a good observation!

What you've noticed is normal. When someone uses Trend Micro Mobile Security with both Web Guard and VPN Proxy One Pro on iOS, there's a rule in place.

This rule says that VPN default priority will be VPN Proxy One Pro over Mobile Security if:

• User has set up 'Automatic VPN' in VPN Proxy One Pro.
  • User has set up 'VPN Always On' in VPN Proxy One Pro.

While VPN default priority will be Mobile Security over VPN Proxy One Pro if the device is connected to safe Wi-Fi. 

I hope this explanation helps address your question.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

Hi @tm_carlo , the issue I am reporting is that after exiting a VPN Proxy One Pro session, Mobile Security does not automatically re-enable web guard. VPN Proxy One does take priority over Mobile Security and disables web guard. However, when Proxy One pro disconnects Web Guard is not re-enabled.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@WideShield​,

Kindly check if your mobile device is in Power Saving Mode. Most of the time, when Power Saving Mode is enabled on a device, it stops Web Guard and other apps from automatically running in the background.

If it is in Power Saving mode, disable it from the settings or add it in Autostart/Autolaunch apps.

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

Power saving is not enabled on my device. I replicated the issue again on both my iPad and iPhone ensuring that no power saving is enabled. Are you able to replicate the issue on an iOS device? Running WebGuard just connect then disconnect ProxyOne and you should see that WebGuard VPN is no longer active. 

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @WideShield,

To make the Web Guard VPN automatically turn on after disconnecting from VPN Proxy One Pro, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the Trend Micro app.
  2. Tap on "Settings".
  3. Toggle the switch to ON for "Automatically turn on VPN when detecting Wi-Fi Security issues".

Hope this helps, Let us know how it goes. 

​ 

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

I see that option for Proxy One Pro but there doesn't appear to be that option for Mobile Security Web Guard. I do have that option turned on for Proxy One but it didn't help with the issue.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights