tm_kree's profileBrand User
Trend Security Expert

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Thursday, April 25th, 2024 1:16 AM

Under Investigation: Internet Access Issue using Mobile Data When Mobile Security for iOS Web Guard is Enabled

Attention Trend Micro Community!

What's going on?

We would like to inform you about an ongoing issue that some of our Mobile Security for iOS users have encountered after updating to the latest version, 11.2.1070. This update has caused internet connectivity problems when the Web Guard feature is enabled. We are currently investigating this issue.

What to do!

1. Check if Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS is in the latest version. (11.2.1070)
  2. Observe Internet Connection Status while Web Guard is ON for both Wi-Fi and Mobile Data.
  3. Offload App Data 
  4. Reinstall Trend Micro Mobile Security

If issue persists, please provide the details below: 

1. Mobile Security for iOS version
  2. iPhone/iPad Model:
  3. iOS version
  4. Affected Network Mode: (Wifi or Mobile Data)
    • ISP (Telstra, Optus, AT&T, Verizon)
    • Mobile Service Provider (Telstra, Optus, Vodafone)

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

130 Points

21 days ago

Problem still persists.

iPhone 11

Mobile data unavailable unless VPN switched off

Telstra/Belong

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

20 days ago

1. Mobile Security for iOS version
  2. iPhone/iPad Model: iPhone 13
  3. iOS version: 17.4.1
  4. Affected Network Mode: Mobile Data
    • Telstra

Only can load snapchat facebook and instagram but nothing else - only when I turn off the Webguard can I load other apps 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

9 Messages

• 

230 Points

Hi @christianeiglmeier @mickeecee @cscotson @jenm1 @julieandgavin @jane_smith @ptcestnik @rebeccas14 @hrat @lak @josuesiordia @accounts8b427c @spriggfam ,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be informed that our team has rolled out the newest version of Mobile Security. Kindly update your app to version 11.2.1071. To update your Trend Micro Mobile Security, follow the steps below:

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Search for Trend Micro Mobile Security.
  3. Tap the Update button beside TM Mobile Security

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Thank you, this new version seems to be working.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

9 Messages

• 

230 Points

Hi @reggiesimmons,

I'm glad to hear that the new version is working for you.

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

19 days ago

Problem still exists with latest update 11.2.1071.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

19 days ago

Yep the updated version is working fine now on my iPhone 13 Telstra 5G

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

18 days ago

I have a 12 mth old iPhone that refuses to load or have any access to 5 G . It has been upgraded, the VPN is off as is the web guard but still no internet connection. Now I will have to delete the app hoping this will fix it . I pay for this service and at the moment if I’m away from my home wifi the phone is useless for work banking etc I would like to know why as customers we didn’t get a notification about this issue as I only found out from a tech expert when I called them . 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Hi @pete_jo_george,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

Not everyone experiences this issue, which is why it took some time to investigate. If your device has a pre-existing problem and encounters the same issue with Web Guard while using mobile data, we strongly recommend updating the app to the latest version 11.2.1071.

To update your Trend Micro Mobile Security, follow the steps below:

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Search for Trend Micro Mobile Security.
  3. Tap the Update button beside TM Mobile Security

If the problem continues, please uninstall the Mobile Security app and address any pre-existing issues beforehand.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

I have done all this with still no internet access. I have deleted the whole app and at least now I can use everything again . 

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

16 days ago

To All,

After my last post I have retraced my steps/location to test mobile and it works in all recalled locations.

Phone - iPhone 7 Plus

IOS - 15.8.1

Carrier - Belong (Telstra) Data allocation not used is in excess of 140 Gigabytes

Social media - None

Only 5 Apps installed - Bank Access, 2 News Sites - ABC and SBS, Be More for Hearing Aids and Galaxy Watch.

Trend Package was included as part of new Computer in 2002.

Doubt it has worked properly since that time until 11.2.1022 (did not bother with 11.2.1054) and then fell over with issue of 11.2.1070.

Version is now 11.2.1071.

Mobile device works as one would expect a mobile to work - anywhere there is a good carrier signal. 3/4 g does not matter so long as there is 1bar strength.

Still not intending to install on an XR - doubt Trend is absolutely stable though it appears to be working.

Trend certainly complains if I try to connect to public wifi.

Let's hope Trend have sorted out the problem.

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

2002 should read 2022

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

Hi @hrat,

Try to consider installing/reinstalling your Mobile Security app to XR to confirm if it's working now.  Should it still fail to meet your expectations, you have the option to uninstall it at any time.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights