Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Tuesday, January 2nd, 2024 3:01 AM

Closed

Unable to log into legit sites

Unable to log into PayPal on my cell phone with trendmicro running. Can log in ok on my iPad on same network. 

also banking app doesn’t work on cell network. Is there a way to whitelist known sites?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

7 months ago

Hi @mmzml69, 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home User Community!

Thank you for reporting the issue. Can we ask for the following information:

• Device name:
  • Operating System:
  • Mobile Data or WiFi Connection:
  • Mobile Security for iOS version:
  • PayPal app version:
  • What was the error message that appeared during sign-in?
  • Has this happened before, and did you experience this with other apps?

We will wait for the info so we can replicate the issue on our end.

Regarding whitelisting a website, it is not recommendable as it can expose security risks, be time-consuming to maintain, restrict legitimate content access, require technical setup, hinder productivity, risk overblocking, and create a false sense of security. However, mobile security does have this feature, and if you wish to use it, you can access the 'Web Guard' option in the app.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

• Device name: iPhone13
  • Operating System: iOS
  • Mobile Data or WiFi Connection: BOTH
  • Mobile Security for iOS version: latest version 11.2.1024
  • PayPal app version: web
  • What was the error message that appeared during sign-in? NONE - Page doesn’t load
  • Has this happened before, and did you experience this with other apps? Only happened after installing TM
Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @mmzml69​ ,

Thank you for this information you've provided. May we know the version of your IOS Operating System? and also, should the other device or the iPad has Trend Micro Mobile Security installed too? If you are logging in over the web, could you try to clear the cache of your mobile phone browser and check if the same issue persist. 

Please let us know how it goes.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

the iPad does not have TM installed. Thank you!

clearing cache does not resolve. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @mmzml69,

We are already looking into this issue with logging in to Paypal App. Just to verify as well, do you have the 2FA enabled on your Paypal?

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Of course :)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

7 months ago

I am also unable to access legitimate websites with security turned on but can access with security off without any issue

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @nikcunningham,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Can you provide these websites that you weren't able to access so we can try to replicate the issue on our end? 

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

6 months ago

The other issue I am facing is not being able to hotspot off my phone to my laptop. It connects and within a minute disconnects. When I hotspot off another device without TM installed it works perfectly

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @mmzml69,

May we know if you have tried to disable Trend Micro on your laptop and check as well if the issue will not persists? To do that, kindly follow the instructions below:

1. Press the Windows and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
  2. In the Open field, type supporttool.exe, then click OK.
  3. Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
    The 
    Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open.
  4. Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
  5. Click 5. Stop all components.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

Laptop is not running TM. TM is running on my phone. When I try and connect with my phone and hotspot off the phone it disconnects after a minute every time. Switched to my Bell mobile internet and was able to hotspot with no issue.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @mmzml69​, 

Possibly, the reason your hotspot keeps disconnecting is because of difficulty accessing the internet or persistent disconnection when Trend Micro Mobile Security is running. The fix for this issue has already been released in Trend Micro Mobile Security version 11.2.1024.

Could you please check if you have the latest version installed? If not, kindly update your Trend Micro Mobile Security through the App Store. After the update, turn on Web Guard and see if you still encounter issues connecting to the internet.

Let us know how it goes!

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

260 Points

That is the version I am running. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi @mmzml69

Thank you for confirming. please check whether the issue improves by disabling the Web Guard feature in the Mobile Security application.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

6 months ago

Many legit services keep getting blocked

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @paulrdelaney ,

May we know what other legit services have you encountered the issue? As of now, we are already investigating the issue where Mobile Security blocks the 2FA Page of the Paypal Mobile App. We will send an update on this thread once we received a fix to the issue.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

6 months ago

I have to turn off Trend Micro to use the CNBC app. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @randalspolter​, 

I'm sorry that you needed to do it. To help with our investigation, may we know if you are using 2 factor authentication for the CNBC app and if the Trend Micro is up to date? 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

Thanks for getting back to me. My Trend Micro app and CNBC apps are up to date. I am logged in to the CNBC app. 
With Trend Micro "on"
If I go to the CNBC.com website on my iPhone and click on an article, it opens.
If I go to the CNBC app on my iPhone and click on the same article, Trend Micro blocks it.

With Trend Micro "off"
If I go to the CNBC app on my iPhone and click on the same article, it opens.

I'd prefer not to turn Trend Micro off and on, but that's where I am right now. Any ideas?
Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Hi @randalspolter 

Thanks for clarifying the situation that you are in right now.

It appears that your Mobile Security is preventing website redirections from one of your applications.

Have you tried putting it under the Web Guard's exception list?

To do that, try these steps:

1. open your Mobile Security application.
2. Tap on Web Guard, then Approved Websites.
3. Tap Add Website.

From there, choose between Add from Blocked Websites or Add manually. But first, try to see if the CNBC website is present in "Add from Blocked Websites" option. if it is, then go ahead and add it under approved websites.

Let me know if it worked.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights