Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

Saturday, September 30th, 2023 10:31 PM

Closed

Unable to access web with Trend Micro Mobile security installed on iPhone 7Plus (15.7.9) and iPhone XR (17.0.2)

Both iPhones work brilliantly without Trend Micro Mobile Security installed, work via Wi-Fi and also Mobile data without Wi-Fi.

Once Trend Mobile Security (from App store or PC Console) is installed, access to the web via apps does not work. Both phones just display a little hand going around in circles. Removing Trend Mobile security allows both phones to be used as one would expect. The product (Trend Micro Device Security Pro) was purchased in Nov 2022 with a new PC from Harvey Norman in Australia. No problems have been encountered with Trend Micro on the PC. No social media is installed/used on the 7Plus. It is used on the XR.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

10 months ago

Hi @hrat,

Our developer team has already been investigating this issue with the Web Guard. We will provide an update on this thread as soon as an update is ready.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

I too have the same issue since the latest update from Apple V16. Additionally the SMS feature on mobility is not working. Constant fixes is now coming up on the app. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

@michaelgeorge​ 

As of now, the issue about the Web Guard is still under investigation. Regarding about the SMS Feature, would you mind telling us more information about how it is not working on your device?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Hi there constantly receiving report advising the SMS filtering needs to be updated in messages. Having to go in switch it off the re-engage. Last week it was Facebook but that appears to have stopped. 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

I assume your comment about the web guard is for wifi as currently this isn’t working it does not currently connect via the app as such I switch this feature off at home and just use 5G

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @michaelgeorge,

Thank you for giving us feedback about the SMS filtering notification. May we ask for the device where you encountered the problem and the OS version that you have? 

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

10 months ago

Further to my above post.

Trend Micro Mobile Security works brilliantly when connected to home my Wi-Fi.

Product ok when connected to family members Wi-Fi and any secured Wi-Fi.

Product complains very quickly if I try to use an unsecured Wi-Fi.

Mobile Security only works when connected to Wi-Fi.

This defeats the purpose of a mobile phone!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @hrat,

Thank you for sharing your experience with this issue. We will keep you posted as soon as the fix is released.

Have a great day!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

10 months ago

Hi @hrat,

Good news! Hotfix has been released to the public for this issue. You may now visit the Unable to Open Security Report After Trend Micro Update on Windows page and follow the instructions provided on downloading and installing the fix.

Thank you for your patience!

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

@tm_carlo​ 

Not quite sure what this is about. I have never had trouble with the security report on my PC. The problem is about Web Guard not allowing internet access without a Wi-Fi connection being active on my mobile phones.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @hrat,

We apologize for any confusion.

We're currently looking into the Web Guard problem in Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS. Our developer team is actively working on resolving this issue, and we'll provide updates in this thread as soon as we have new information. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

280 Points

Hello,

Latest version 11.1.1030 of Trend Micro Mobile Security installed this morning. Enabled all switches with a red dot displayed. Wi-Fi enabled on phone (always is). Tested phone on two (2) of my news apps. All worked ok. Ten minutes of use and Web Guard reported 88 websites scanned. Nothing suspicious found. Wi-Fi turned off. Unable to access web/internet with same two (2) apps. Phone just displays clock hands going around in circles. The number of websites still sits at 88. This indicates to me that Web Guard requires Wi-Fi to work. I believe this requirement renders mobile phones useless.

Regards

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @hrat ,

We do apologize to the inconvenience that this issue has caused you.

Just to clarify, we are already aware of this issue where in iOS devices with Trend Micro Mobile Security are unable to access websites whenever Web Guard is on while connected to Mobile Data and it is currently being investigated.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

9 months ago

Hi @hrat, @michaelgeorge,

Great news! The solution has been rolled out in the most recent update of Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS.

To get updates, just follow the steps:

• Launch the App Store and look for Trend Micro Mobile Security.
  • Download the latest update for the app.
  • Verify that the installed version is 11.1.1044. (Navigate to Mobile Security > Settings > About.)
  • Check if the issue persists.

Hopefully, these steps will get you up and running smoothly. If you encounter any further questions or issues, don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to help!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights