Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

Friday, January 19th, 2024 12:31 PM

Closed

Trend not keeping up with Apple updates!

I have found that with the latest updates on the apple phones and iPads that whit my protection against scam emails and unsolicited emails are not being checked and are getting through!

the settings wheel for trend will tell you to tick the messages TAB and then follow up on the next page with certain buttons to turn on to forward these to the bin, the only problem is the 2nd and further permissions don’t exist anymore in the system of the later model for apple units anymore.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

6 months ago

Hi @wjudd3123,

Please make sure that the Fraud Buster feature of Mobile Security is turned ON.

How to use Trend Micro Fraud Buster on iPhone or iPad

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

If you look at the latest up dates on a iPad you are unable to follow through with these steps past step one.  So your answer doesn’t work !

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @wjudd3123, 

We're sorry to hear about this concern.

Upon checking, it appears that this issue could be related to the latest version update of iPadOS, as some users are also experiencing similar problems. You may check this link for the forum discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/255412023?sortBy=best

However, we could also investigate if the mobile security is connected to this concern by isolating the problem. Could you please provide a screenshot of the concern? Additionally, if you could uninstall the mobile security and check if the concern persists, that would be helpful.

Please let us know the results.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

I have tried the idea that was put forward of pulling down the mail banner four or five times in the mail app. and that seems to have made a difference at the moment. Fingers crossed that it works.

I have included a couple of screen shots of one of the emails that I received, I had blocked the vender which had a fictitious heading address of Myer which is a large shopping complex in Australia, I have also include screen shots of the drop down of the full email and also the address tag whom had sent it, this is a email that should have been blocked by trend. I have also added a screen shot of the settings menu showing the fact that you are unable to go any further with the process of ticking sending any emails to trend on a send end page in settings anymore like you could prior to this last update by Apple for their products.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

This is the second screen shot.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

This is the third screen shot.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

This is the true address of who sent the email.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

6 months ago

This is a screen shot of my settings page.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

6 months ago

Hi @wjudd3123 ,

Thank you for providing us screenshots about the issue you are encountering.

The best thing that you can do to stop the spam emails from these senders is to block them. And the best practice is to not provide your email address or any sensitive information on unfamiliar websites or individuals.

The Fraud buster feature of Trend Micro Mobile Security only lets you scan your iMessage, saved images, and screenshots for malicious links on your iOS/iPadOS device. 

Hope this helps!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights