Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 7:43 AM

Trend Mobile Security for iOS VPN bug

After the app updated today, browsing and most of my apps would no longer work on Mobile Data, they were fine on Wifi. 
I traced it down to the VPN, when I turned it off, I can now browse and all my apps work on Mobile Data again. 
It seems like there was a bug in the update. 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

3 months ago

The latest update seems to have fixed the problem. 🤗

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 months ago

I had the same issue too. Telstra told me to remove the Trend Micro app off my iPhone and fixed the problem. I have tried counting trend micro is there is a solution to the product I am paying for with no success. It keeps directing me to the website help which does not help at all. Very disappointing. I am going it cancel my subscription and find another one that I can actually speak with a person. 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

@jacquimartin70​ the last App update from Trend fixed the problem, you can reinstall it now and it will work. 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 months ago

I had the same issue. Telstra advised me to remove the app from my iPhone and iPhone is back working as it should. Is there a fix as I am paying for mobile security that I cannot use. I have tried contacting by phone and keep getting directed to the website. Very annoyed and now have no mobile security protecting my device that I pay for.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

@jacquimartin70​ the Trend App has been updated, you can reinstall it now. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @cliffrogers,

Thank you very much for confirming this.

Hi @jacquimartin70,

Please inform us if any issues persist following the reinstallation of the application.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 months ago

Trend Micro is blocking the internet connection on many of my apps on Apple devices, You Know this is a problem but you still haven't fixed the bug, I literally had to delete the App from my apple devices, just offloading the App was not enough I will not be renewing my subscription. Good bye.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Apologies for the inconveniences this has caused you, @precisionprojects​. We already fixed the problem. Please try to update the TM Mobile Security app to version 11.2.1071 and check if this works. 

Let us know if you have the same problem after the update. 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights