Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

Tuesday, April 23rd, 2024 7:43 AM

Trend Mobile Security for iOS VPN bug

After the app updated today, browsing and most of my apps would no longer work on Mobile Data, they were fine on Wifi. 
I traced it down to the VPN, when I turned it off, I can now browse and all my apps work on Mobile Data again. 
It seems like there was a bug in the update. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

3 months ago

Hi @cliffrogers,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

May we know the following information

• iOS version:
  • Mobile Security version:
  • Are you referring to the Web Guard feature of Mobile Security?
  • If the block tracker is off, are you able to use the internet when using mobile data? 

Looking forward to your response. 

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

I am having the same issues as described. I have found the VPN has been timing out web page searches and also when I open an app on my iOS 17.4.1 devices. I am running TMMS 11.2.1070. Could you please advise how to resolve this. To use my device, I have had to leave web guard and safe surfing features turned off/uninstalled after deleting and reinstalling the TMMS app

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

@tm_joyce

same issue for me:

Phone: iPhone 13 pro
ios: 17.4.1

app version: 11.2.1070

yes, when web guard protection is set to on, internet does not work while only on cellular data. No issue observed when on wifi or when web guard is off

no difference when block trackers is turned off or turned on. Same either way.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

@tm_joyce​ 

G’day.

Problem is not my end, several people have the same problem.

I have found that the quick fix is to turn off the Web Guard VPN.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

@tm_joyce​ 

17.4.1 IOS

APP Version 11.2.1070

yes, WebGuard VPN MOBILE SECURITY 

yes when turning VPN OFF, can access web. Also can use Web with two other VPN accounts on iPhone but prefer TrendMicro until today.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

@tm_joyce​ talking iPhone does not work at all with mobile security app on the device. Apparently there’s a fix Trend have told Telstra but Telstra says they cannot explain to customers how as it does not make sense or does not work. Telstra advice remove it from your device.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

3 months ago

I am also seeing this very same issue. 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 months ago

@tm_joyce 

same issue for me:

Phone: iPhone 14 pro

1. Cellular 
When web guard protection is set to on, internet does not work while on cellular data.

2. Wi-Fi
When web guard protection is set to on using Wi-Fi, internet works however you can’t perform speed tests etc.

no difference when block trackers is turned off or turned on. Same either way.

you have to turn turn off and disable Web Guard completely as the only temporary solution

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

@tm_joyce After the latest update as of today, I am able to access the internet using my VPN however it is still stopping me from doing speed tests unless I turn Web Guard off in the Trend Micro app. Is there a fix for this so I can continue to have my VPN (Web Guard) on and test my internet speeds?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

26 Messages

• 

570 Points

Hi @kahikabeckett,

Since your internet functions with Web Guard enabled, please try other speed test websites or applications. If it's a website, consider adding it to the Approved List in Web Guard settings and see if it is working.

May we also know what application or website you use for the internet speed tests?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

It doesn't work when I search in google speed test and when I actually go on the speedtest.net or even when I use the Speed Test app by Ookla. The only way it works is if I turn off Web Guard

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

36 Messages

• 

770 Points

Hi @kahikabeckett ,

When Web Guard from Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS is active, it might prevent you from running a speed test because it could be blocking certain connections or data transfers that are necessary for the speed test to work properly. This is a security measure to ensure that your device is protected from potentially harmful websites or content that could be accessed during the speed test process.

If you want to perform a speed test while Web Guard is on, you might need to temporarily disable it or add the speed test website in the Approved List to allow it to run without interference.

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 months ago

I am having the exact same issue. Please fix this or I will need to remove Trend from my device. 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 months ago

I have experiencing the exact same issue. This needs to be fixed or I will need to remove Trend from my device. Thanks

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @dstodda @kahikabeckett @spatten82 @emmaboyd ,

We're presently investigating this issue and will provide an update as soon as it's available. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

Can you please provide an update? 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

3 months ago

Same issue experienced as per other comments. Please resolve asap. This has caused a lot of inconvenience, and time problem solving where issue arose.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 months ago

Gosh, so so many people are having trouble, including myself 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 months ago

same issue for me:

Phone: iPhone 12 Max Pro

1. Cellular 
When web guard protection is set to on, internet does not work while on cellular data.

2. Wi-Fi
When web guard protection is set to on using Wi-Fi, internet works fine

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 months ago

Yes. Issue confirmed here. I had to argue with both T-Mobile and Apple to figure it it was Trend Micros VPN Blocking Mobile Internet Access preventing App loading and internet connection. When connected to WiFi, It worked normally but soon as you disconnected WiFi it cuts out. Only way to access network is to delete VPN on Iphone

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 months ago

Same problem 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

HI @johnwjack2950 , @jthizzle37 @jfoelling @reggiesimmons,

This concern is still under investigation, and we do apologize for the inconvenience it has caused. While awaiting the update to resolve this issue, may we inquire about your mobile data provider?

Looking forward to your response. 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

@tm_joyce​ Mobile Data Provider is T-Mobile. Operating Device is IOS IPhone 15 PRO. I can confirm it was the new App Update because I had zero issues before installing the latest version in the Apps Updates

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

3 months ago

I am experiencing this exact issue. 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

3 months ago

Web Guard VPN is blocking everything including TrendMicro site.  So essentially TrendMicro has become useless if having to turn VPN off to access anything.  I mean everything becomes inaccessible with WebGuard VPN on

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @jane_smith @rapigg @jthizzle37  ,

We are already aware of the issue and we are currently investigating this concern. We will notify you as soon as an update is ready. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Note:  same conditions existing on my iPad too.  It’s connected to Xfinity Wifi.  I had to turn WebGuard off to gain web access.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

6 Messages

• 

170 Points

Hi @rapigg,

Thanks for letting us know. Rest assured that we will notify you as soon as an update is ready. Thanks for your understanding!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 months ago

Same issue. Trend Micro needs to fix this asap!

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

240 Points

3 months ago

A week has gone by since I reported this. 
I get an email from a robot called tmsupport@trendmicro.com every day apologising and telling me it is still under investigation and then asking me the same 6 questions about my set up.

They still think it is my problem not theirs.

shame they don’t have any real people working on their support team.

Can anyone recommend another VPN?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

28 Messages

• 

610 Points

Hi @cliffrogers,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Please be informed that our team has rolled out the newest version of Mobile Security. Kindly update your app to version 11.2.1071. To update your Trend Micro Mobile Security, follow the steps below:

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Search for Trend Micro Mobile Security.
  3. Tap the Update button beside TM Mobile Security

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

80 Points

3 months ago

Same issue here. It's incredibly frustrating. I basically can't use the internet while away from wifi - which is a large percentage of my day. So my phone is useless for any internet-dependent activities as long as Trend Micro is installed. Please advise a fix and communicate to all iPhone users ASAP. 

iPhone 14

app version 11.2.1070

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

8 Messages

• 

210 Points

Hi @sheryllewood,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

We're sorry for any trouble this issue may have caused you. We've released a new version of Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS: 11.2.1071. This update solves the problem from the previous version (11.2.1070) and reverts the changes made to Web Guard.

Please ensure you update your Mobile Security to version 11.2.1071 through the App Store. To update the application:

1. Open the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Search for Trend Micro Mobile Security.
3. Tap the Update button beside TM Mobile Security

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Hi Trend Micro Team,

Yes, I can confirm the solution is working correctly.  Thank you

Kind Regards,

James Oelling

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

36 Messages

• 

770 Points

Hi @jfoelling ,

It's good to hear that the solution is working on your end.

Thank you.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights