Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Sunday, May 19th, 2024 3:10 AM

Switch off vpn for certain application in iPhone

Hi, would like to ask whether mobile security on iPhone can switch off vpn for certain application? I cannot use certain application on iPhone

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

2 months ago

Hi @huiwenshen,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

The VPN feature of the mobile app is called Web Guard and allows you to filter content when you are using your preferred browser by utilizing a local Virtual Private Network, or VPN, on your iOS/iPadOS device. However, it cannot block certain applications installed on your device.

For more information, you may check this link.

About the other concern, could you tell us the following information:

• What app have an issue with the mobile security? 
  • When did this happen?
  • iOS version:
  • Trend Micro Mobile Security version: 

Looking forward to your response. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Hi,

The app which I have issue with mobile security is I+living app. It blocks the video. When I switch off the web guard it works fine.

Beginning of May have this problem. My iOS version is 17.4.1 and mobile security version is 11.2.1076

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @huiwenshen​, 

Thank you for the information. 

May we also know if you experience this over mobile data or WIFI connection? Also, are you just experiencing this on iPlusLiving app or even other application installed and have you tried to turn off the block trackers on the web guard then check if you will the same issue? 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Hi, I tried using my mobile data and WiFi. Other application installed works fine. Just tried to turn off the block trackers on the web guard and still have the same issue

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

Hi @huiwenshen ,

Kindly try to reinstall the Trend Micro Mobile Security app and see if the issue will still persist afterwards. 

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Hi,

I tried to reinstall Trend Micro Mobile Security app but it does not work. The issue still persist.

Thanks

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

2 months ago

VPN literally blocks every website I try to go thru.  A real pain. Always having to turn it off just to do basic stuff.  Like read the news!  

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @pvsincssf 

Normally Web Guard will only block suspicious websites. Can you give us some sample websites that are being block when you have Web Guard turned ON.

Also, can you share a screen shot of the block message from Mobile Security.

You may also try to add the specific website on the approved list to prevent Trend Micro from blocking it. You may refer to this link below: 

How to use Web Guard (Mobile Security for Android)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights