Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

120 Points

Sunday, May 1st, 2016 12:39 PM

Closed

Safari web surfing protection in iPad

How do I check if Trend Micro is working on Safari browser on an iPad?
The following instructions are given, but I cannot locate a Safari menu on the iPad version of the Safari browser?

Safari
Open Safari.
Click Preferences under the Safari menu.
In the Preferences window, click the Extensions tab.
Make sure the plug-ins published by Trend Micro are enabled.

Official Solution

Legend

• 

847 Messages

• 

10.9K Points

8 years ago

The instruction you referred to is actually for iMac or Macbook. For Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS, the setup and protection works slightly different.

Trend Micro Mobile Security (TMMS) for iOS provides two ways to protect your browsing activities:
1) Real-time Website Scan in built-in SafeSurfing browser - the SafeSurfing browser checks and blocks malicious websites as you surf the net. For more info, see:
    Using SafeSurfing with Mobile Security for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch

2) Manual Website Scan in Safari widget - the "Scan Website" widget in Safari provides a manual URL scan feature. For info on how to set up and use this feature, please see:
    Using Extensions and Widgets of Mobile Security for iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch

Regarding your question on "How do I check if Trend Micro is working on Safari browser on an iPad?", if you use Scan Website feature in your iPad's Safari and do not encounter any issues, then TMMS for iOS is working normally for Safari browser.

Thanks and please let us know if you have more questions!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights