Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wednesday, December 13th, 2023 11:05 AM

Closed

Regular scam texts

I have received regular scam texts about unpaid vehicle tolls, e-tag tolls, undeliverable package texts, package cannot be delivered and scam Linkt toll texts. I have enabled the sms filtering feature with this app but so many are still coming through. All the ones that used to be filtered to my spam folder are now coming through. Does anyone know why this is happening or how I can stop it 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

270 Points

8 months ago

I’m having the exact same problem. It’s beyond a joke and so annoying 

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

8 months ago

8:01 A.M. EST

Dec. 13, 2023

I have an iPAD 3. On 12/11/2023 Apple did another update to OS 17.2 (21C62). I do not have text message. I do have iMessages however. So far no problems yet…knock on wood.

Have u tried contacting the FTC re: these scams? Granted they r probably swamped this time of year. Also your phone carrier. Try doing a reverse phone look up and see if others r having the same problems then make a comment. It is time consuming and maddening.

Neophyte

• 

13 Messages

• 

370 Points

8 months ago

I’m hoping this should stop with the arrest of a guy yesterday  . He was arrested for just this reason of sending multiple texts out hourly regarding exactly what has been covered in the comments above. Fingers crossed that it will stop.

Neophyte

• 

14 Messages

• 

450 Points

4:24 AM EST

Dec.14, 2023

Glad he was arrested. ☺️☺️

• On Wed., Dec. 13th :   According to 2 major news/broadcasters, I think ABC News and NBC News-not sure-Apple will be releasing yet another update in a few weeks to the public. Currently, only Beta users will receive the update.
Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 months ago

Hi @chef_mel ,

As long as Trend Micro Mobile Security and its features are enabled on your iPhone , rest assured that you are being protected real-time. Just be mindful that everyday there are people who create new kinds of phishing messages that is why sometimes you still receive it despite having protection. The best protection that we can have against scam/phishing is us being cautious and careful on accessing unknown websites. Don't worry also , as we always make sure to keep our app updated with the new kinds of threats.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights