Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Sunday, December 24th, 2023 2:15 PM

Closed

Pinterest app does not work when webguard is enabled (works again when webguard disabled)

When i enable webguard from inside mobile security app, then the pinterest app is not showing any content. When i disable webguard, then pinterest app shows content again.

device is ipad mini  and iphone 14, latest ios (both devices same problem)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 months ago

Hi @mkhoogland ,

Can you check if you have the latest version of Trend Micro Mobile Security (11.2 .1024)? If not , please proceed in updating it. Might as well try to clear the app cache of Pinterest and see if it fixes the issue.

How to clear App cache :

1.) Open Settings 
2.) Go to General
3.)  iPhone Storage.
 From there, scroll through your apps and select the app you want to clear.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

5 months ago

I am having the same issue. I bought the security yesterday at best buy with my new computer. Cache did not make a difference. As soon as I turned off web blocker I was able to use Pinterest. As soon as I turn it back on, Pinterest stops working.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

@luvelae,

Can you please confirm if your already using Trend Micro Mobile Security version 11.2.1034.

If not, kindly follow the instructions below on how to get the latest version.

How to upgrade Trend Micro Mobile Security on iPhone or iPad | Trend Micro Help Center

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

I am showing that I have version 11.2.1040

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

Hi @luvelae

Could you let us know the specific iOS version you're currently using? Also, have you tried clearing the cache and reinstalling the Pinterest app yet? If not, here are the steps:

1. Open the Pinterest app.
  2. Go to Settings.
  3. Find Privacy and Data.
  4. Under Cached Data, select "Clear app cache."

See if that improves the issue. If it persists, try reinstalling the Pinterest app.

If above steps did not work, we'll look into mobile security:

1. Open Trend Micro Mobile Security.
  2. Tap on Web Guard.
  3. Look for "Block Trackers" and turn it off by sliding the toggle switch.

Please let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

I have an iPhone 14, iOS 17.2.1. Clearing the cache did nothing but it is working with the web guard on and block trackers off.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @luvelae 

Thank you for the clarification. We'll report this issue with Pinterest and provide updates on this thread once we have one.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

5 months ago

Hi @luvelae & @mkhoogland

The Pinterest app is unable to function due to some blocked domains. This issue has been addressed on the backend. Can you please verify if it's also resolved on your end?

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights