Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Tuesday, December 26th, 2023 9:58 AM

Closed

PayPal does not work with VpN

VPN prevents PayPal from opening. Cannot make purchases using PayPal anymore. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

169 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

7 months ago

Hi @mnadimpa ,

May I know if you already updated Trend Micro Mobile Security to its latest version (11.2 .1024)? Also you can try to check if your Paypal app has any pending updates. Try also to use other wifi/mobile data connection and see if it fixes the issue.

Let me know if any of these helps!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

Is there a solution to this problem?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

@tm_vince​ 

I am using the  latest version. I spoke to a consultant named James last week and he tried various methods to solve the issue to no avail. He said he would escalate this to TM. The interim solution he said was to turn off VPN before using PayPal and turn it back on once done. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @mnadimpa,

Just to confirm, is 2FA enabled on your Paypal? Just to proceed further, have you tried to disable 2FA and able to login to Paypal?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Yes 2FA is enabled. Turning it off allows access to PayPal with VPN turned on. My concern is, by disabling 2FA I will be losing an added level of security. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @mnadimpa,

We are actively investigating this issue. In the meantime, if you really need to use the application and you'd rather not disable 2FA on your PayPal app, you can use the following workaround: temporarily turn off the VPN on Trend Micro Web Guard before logging into the PayPal application. After successfully logging in, you can then turn the VPN back on as needed.

We'll provide an update in this thread as soon as we have new information.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

7 months ago

I have the same problem cannot login to PayPal. Used to work. Have latest 17.2 iOS. Just get spinning wheel on attempt to login? Please help!

This comment has been converted into a post

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

110 Points

NO HELP!!  SUGGESTIONS?!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

7 months ago

I have the same problem cannot login to PayPal. Used to work. Have latest 17.2 iOS. Just get spinning wheel on attempt to login? Please help!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

7 months ago

Used to work on iPad but now cannot login to PayPal using safe surfing. Have tried many things but nothing seems to work have latest 17.2 iOS. Help!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @helenmike,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Please try to update your Mobile Security to the latest version which is ​11.2 .1024. You can refer on the article below on how to get the latest version.

How to upgrade Trend Micro Mobile Security on iPhone or iPad | Trend Micro Help Center

Just in case the issue persists, please inform us on what mode of internet connection are you using (Wifi or Mobile Data). You may also try to switch from Wifi to Mobile data or vice versa to check if the same issue will occur.

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hi, thanks for reply. I have this version and have tried on wifi and mobile data. Attempts to go to 2 factor I think but just show spinning wheel!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

110 Points

7 months ago

I can’t use PayPal anymore!!!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

Hi @ladydiscott,

Can you check if the mobile security you're using is already the latest version which is ​11.2 .1024. You can refer on the article below on how to get the latest version.

How to upgrade Trend Micro Mobile Security on iPhone or iPad | Trend Micro Help Center

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights