Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

Wednesday, October 18th, 2023 4:40 PM

Closed

Mobile Security "Mini Console" Widget text is truncated

The "Mini Console" widget available in Mobile Security for iOS 17 has the feature description text cut off and not visible. This seems to have just started occurring but I am not sure if it is a result of iOS upgrades or MobileSecurity new versions. The placement seems to have shifted for the content inside the widget. Now the text for the QR scanner and security report are not visible.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

9 months ago

Hi @WideShield

You may try to update Trend Micro Mobile Security to the latest version and see if the issue still persists. After the update, the build version should be updated to 11.1.1030. Also, can you send a screenshot of the issue you have encountered?

Thank you in advance!

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

Hi @tm_carlo  Build version is updated at version 11.1.1030 as you listed. Please find a screenshot of the issue attached.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@WideShield​,

May I know if you've tried to check if you're having the same issue on your other devices? Are you having any Display or UI issues with other apps on your phone?

Also, you may try to check the Text size from the Display settings.

Let me know how it goes.

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

My iPhone with iOS 17 also has the same issue. Text size was set to the default level but I adjusted up and down with no effect on the issue. Is anyone in your office with an iOS device able to replicate the issue?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @WideShield,

It is possible that your widgets have a lot of information set on them. Can you try to edit your widget?

1. Swipe right from the home screen or lock screen.
  2. Touch and hold a widget to open the Quick Actions menu.
  3. Tap the Edit Widget icon.
  4. Make your changes, then tap outside of the widget to exit.

If this does not work, try to remove it, then re-add the widget.

I hope this helps!

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

300 Points

The "mini console" style widget comes configured "as is" with Trend Micro Mobile Security. I did try to edit the widget as described but it doesn't allow editing. I can edit other types of widgets. I also removed, re-added, restarted my iPad and nothing seems to change the display. Is it possible that with the upgrade to iOS 17 widget structure changed and the widget code needs to be updated? It worked fine for a long time before.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights