• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

Thursday, December 31st, 2020 1:09 PM

Closed

Resolved

Issues with protection on ipads & iphones

Having to sing into my Icloud twice a day to fix error for protection. Can you tell me if there is a setting for me to stop that.

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

4 years ago

Having to sing into my Icloud twice a day to fix error for protection. Can you tell me if there is a setting for me to stop that.

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Issue with protection on Ipad & Iphone
Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

4 years ago

Hi jayknee48!

May we know the exact error message that you kept on receiving and the Mobile Security app version on your device for us to check this? 

To check the version of your Trend Micro app, you may follow the instruction below.

1. Open Mobile Security app

2. Scroll down, go to Settings

3. Tap "About" 

Awaiting your response
-TM_Ann

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

when I sign into Trend Micro daily it shows protected. when I hit the lines it takes me into the next screen. whe I return to the main screen it shows fix 1 thing. that 1 thing is to sign into Icloud. I sign in & all is ok. it doesn’t seem to hold the setting. afterwards that same day . i have to go through this all over again.

it’s very frustrating! this is happening on 5 all devices that i am covered for. very unhappy with your protection plan. i replied to your email with screen shots so you can see exactly what i am dealing with.

thank you

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi jayknee48,

As we are verifying the issue you mentioned on our end, may we know the version of the Trend Micro Mobile Security installed on your device?

To check the version of your Trend Micro app, you may follow the steps below.

1. Open the Mobile Security app.

2. Scroll down until you see Settings.

3. Tap About.

- TM_Kath

- TM_Kath

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

Hi Kim,

App Version 9.2.1028

SN Pattern 3.1.0.1053

Do not Track pattern 2.1.0.0

Thanks

jayknee48

waiting on expiration date not happy at all

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Thanks for checking jayknee48, can you try to verify if the 2-Factor Authentication is enabled on your iCloud?

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

4 years ago

l too are having the same problems with 1 Desktop Computer, 2 Ipads & 2 Iphones? l feel nothing is been covered Trend Micro with the units? having to sign in each and every time?

l contacted your technical staff today and after several hours of computer checks, l have been told l have to pay $ 399.00 to fix the issues, What on earth is going on l have been with Trend Micro for two years, have l been covered at all?

please assist asap.

John Crompton.

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi jcrompton17,

Welcome to the Trend Micro Home Users Community. 

To fully manage and check your subscription you may visit the Trend Micro Account portal. It should indicate what devices are protected and how many slots are left to add new devices. 

How to manage your Trend Micro Account

Regarding your contact, please be informed that official Trend Micro support will never ask for payment to fix issues on the product since a subscription entitles you to free support. May I know what hotline did you contact?

Here are our official support channels: https://helpcenter.trendmicro.com/en-us/contact-support/

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

230 Points

@jcrompton17 

Hi, I am having the same issue with all 5 also for month now now.

cant wait for expiration date.

thanks

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Hi, jayknee48

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that this have caused you. We are already working hard on a fix for this matter and  rest assured that we'll let you know once it is available.

Thank you for your understanding. 

- TM_Rochelle

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

3 years ago

not a terribly useful reply from Trend!

I too have the same issue. I can reproduce it with 100% certainty.

1. Startup Mobile Security

2. Perform a scan, fix any problems

3. force quit and restart Movile Security

Every time, whether it be 1 week later, or 1 minute later, on startup Mobile Security reports one Privacy issue needs fixing, and it is always the iCloud two factor authentication. Every time I click the “sign in” button, the test PASSES and everything is a-OK. Until you run Mobile Security again. Every time. Problem has been happening for as long as I can remember. I see others have had similar issues over the past 4 years.

Why can’t we get a clear response (or a fix) for this annoying “feature”? Yes, I have a current, full subscription - always renewed and upgraded since 2005, lol.

Hope someone can offer helpful advice.

Thanks in advance.

(edited)

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, davidabeard,

We would like to further check on this issue. May we know the version of the Trend Micro Mobile Security installed on your device?

To check the version of your Trend Micro app, you may follow the steps below.

1. Open the Mobile Security app.

2. Scroll down until you see Settings.

3. Tap About.

- TM_Kim

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

hi Kim.

App Version 9.2.1028

iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb

iOS: 14.4.

Thanks.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

160 Points

I have the same version numbers as jayknee48 above. And yes, I do have 2-factor authentication enabled for iCloud on my phone.

Hoping for a solution for all of us - though this does not appear to hinder the effectiveness of the application, it does indicate some problem, somewhere ...

Best Wishes, David

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

We'll check this on our davidabeard, we'll update you on this thread. Thanks!

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

I too have the same problem as the rest of us, I am concerned if our own units are actually being covered by Trend Security at all?

I now have another problem,

Unable to Help with Your Passwords

Trend Micro cannot help you save passwords and automatically sign into websites until you take a moment to sign into your Trend Micro Account.

We, seem to have daily problems on Trend Security?

Can you please assist?

John Crompton

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi Community Members,

Just an update regarding this reported issue, this is a known limitation due to changes with Apple's website policy causing the website to set a session timeout once the app is closed.

As a workaround, you may ignore the things to fix notification for Device Access Status to prevent it from notifying again. Rest assured we had already shared your sentiments with our product team. Thank you.

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

170 Points

3 years ago

this App continually tells me that it has not been following me even though it is continually open!

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Hi annettesullivan,

May we know the exact notification you get from the app? you may also share a screenshot so we can check it.

How to take a screenshot to send to Trend Micro Technical Support

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

3 years ago

Does anyone have news of a fix for this issue?

Brand User

Superstar

• 

579 Messages

• 

9.4K Points

Hi, hexen2!

This is still a known limitation due to changes with Apple's website policy causing the website to set a session timeout once the app is closed.

For more information, you may refer to this link below:

Known Issues in Mobile Security for iOS

- TM_Cathy

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights