Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

210 Points

Sunday, January 14th, 2024 4:09 AM

Closed

iOS Mobile Security Web Guard blocks PayPal verification during online purchases

Whenever Web Guard is enabled, PayPal verification for online purchases does not work. I have to disable Web Guard to use PayPal online. It took me a long time to figure why this was happening. (Ꙩ᷇ ̰ꙩ︡) 

Phone: iPhone 14 Pro

iOS: 17.2.1 (happened long before installing 17.2.1)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

6 months ago

Hi @mariexichen, 

Thank you for reporting this issue. May we know what Trend Micro app version do you have? 

We will wait for the information. But as of now, we've found out that when 2FA is enabled on your PayPal account, the page doesn't load with Web Guard enabled. This issue has been reported already for investigation.

For now, you can use the following workaround: temporarily turn off the VPN on Trend Micro Web Guard before logging in to PayPal. After successfully logging in, you can then turn the VPN back on as needed.

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

210 Points

App version: 11.2.1024

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

210 Points

2FA is enabled for PayPal and I do disable Web Guard to use PayPal as a payment for online purchases. It’s just an annoying problem.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

35 Messages

• 

750 Points

Hi @mariexichen, 

I completely understand the challenges you've been facing, and I want to assure you that a solution is in the works. The fix for this issue is already in progress and is scheduled to be included in the upcoming update.

Your patience is greatly appreciated, and we thank you for bearing with us during this time.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

210 Points

Thanks, glad it’s being fixed soon.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Hi @mariexichen,

A new version will be released soon which includes the fix for this issue. We will update the thread if there is a date specified already for the new version.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights