Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wednesday, October 4th, 2023 4:19 PM

Closed

Facebook activity

Last night I noticed 3 payments from “Facebook ads’ as unusual activity from my online banking. Two for $0 and one for $4. My bank immediately cancelled my card. Now I can’t buy anything until my new card arrives. 

My question is, why am I paying for online “protection” when something like this happens? I even did a social media check at the time and it said “you are fully protected” 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

10 months ago

Hi @nicolati,

Welcome to the Trend Micro Community!

I'm sorry to hear about the unauthorized payments you noticed in your online banking. I understand your frustration and concern. Online protection services are important as they are designed to safeguard your financial information and prevent unauthorized transactions. However, it's important to note that no system is entirely foolproof, and incidents like the ones you experienced can still occur.

May we know what Trend Micro product is installed on your device(s)?

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Trend Micro Mobile Security 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

83 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @nicolati ,

Could you please clarify if your mobile device is an android or an iOS.

Regarding your concern about the unwanted Facebook Ads that charged your credit card, you may consider checking Facebook's Help Center page regarding this concern.

The feature of Trend Micro Mobile Security that interacts with your Facebook account is the Social Network Privacy Scanner which basically checks and improves your Facebook privacy settings to protect you from spying or identity theft.

You may learn more on how Trend Micro Social Network Privacy Scanner works by visiting this pages:

Trend Micro Mobile Security for Android

Trend Micro Mobile Security for iOS

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Apple devices iOS 17

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @nicolati,

Please check the recommendations above sent by @tm_jam. There are helpful tips in our Knowledge Base that can help you regarding your concerns.

Let us know how it goes. ​ 

Elite Solutionist

• 

1.4K Messages

• 

33.4K Points

10 months ago

Hi @nicolati 

I did not know that I had Google Ads, but from out off the blue €145,- was paid via my PayPal account! They also block the same account, after a lot of E-mails and me telling them I did not open that account and them telling me that I have been hacked, I told them that my E-mail account never was hacked and that their server most be hacked! All what I could see that it was happened all in Spanish, I told them that I did not speak that languish. After 2 months, I finely got a message after asking again, that I must ask PayPal to give my money back. So I did, and PayPal got it back from them after another week!

So payments were done due Google Ads! I got several payments to Google, like YouTube. So got an account there, bud glad that I do it through PayPal.

This has nothing to do with Trend Micro but only with Google!!!

Good luck to get your money back from Google!

Kind regards,

Tom

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @tom_emmelot , Thank you for sharing your experience here in our community. Your feedback helps us improve and deliver the best possible experience to our users.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights