• 

9 Messages

• 

320 Points

Friday, May 7th, 2021 8:57 PM

Closed

Resolved

Automatic VPN

My TMMS VPN is constantly turned off and on by hackers. I have to check whether it’s working or not constantly which is really annoying

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi rebeccaplummer,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

I checked your account and can see that you have Wifi Protection and Mobile Security for iOS, both applications have VPN functions. May I know which of the two is constantly turning off? I would recommend leaving Wifi Protection enabled for the VPN function and you may disable Web Guard from Mobile Security.

To further identify the cause, what activities were you doing when the VPN was turned off, and are you getting a specific message for it?

Thanks!

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

320 Points

No I am not receiving any type of message regarding the VPN connection/disconnection

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi rebeccaplummer,

May I know if you have the Trend Micro Wi-Fi protection enabled while using the Mobile Security For IOS web guard feature?

If you have, can you try to disable first the Trend micro Wi-Fi protection and monitor if the web guard will automatically turn off.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

320 Points

Hi Angelo

I only use TMWFP when I have my phone connected to the internet. I turn off Web Guard when TMWFP is on.

My Web Guard VPN turns off/on by itself but TMWFP stays on

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi rebeccaplummer,

Can you check your VPN settings and make sure that the web guard feature is enabled?

To go to your settings kindly follow the instructions below.

1. Open IPhone settings menu 
2. Go to general 
3. Tap VPN and check if Web Guard protection is enabled 

Also, may I know if you're using a Wi-Fi connection or data.

Awaiting for your response.

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

320 Points

I use TMMS when using data & TMWFP while using my portable wifi modem

Neophyte

• 

9 Messages

• 

320 Points

3 years ago

The webguard VPN is turned off while I use my phone & apps. They’ve started activating the VPN settings option so I can’t see the webguard VPN icon until I press cancel by which time they have turned it back on. I check the time connected & it nearly always reads a few seconds

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights