Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Wednesday, September 20th, 2023 9:50 AM

Closed

Why am I still getting lots of scam emails and messages. I thought I was protected by Trend.

I'm fed up with scams. I thought Trend protected me. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

10 months ago

Hi @marjarees,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still receiving scam emails and messages despite having the security software.
To enhance your protection against scam emails and messages, consider these additional steps:

1. User Awareness: Educate yourself and your family or employees about common phishing techniques and how to recognize suspicious emails.

2. Regular Updates: Keep your operating system, software, and antivirus program up to date. Security patches and updates often include fixes for vulnerabilities.

3. Strong Passwords: Use strong, unique passwords for online accounts, and consider using a password manager to help you keep track of them.

4. Two-Factor Authentication (2FA): Enable 2FA wherever possible to add an extra layer of security to your accounts.

5. Email Authentication: Implement email authentication methods like SPF, DKIM, and DMARC to verify the authenticity of incoming emails.

6. Email Verification: Double-check the sender's email address and domain, especially if the email claims to be from a trusted source.

7. Report Scams: If you receive a scam email, report it to your email provider or relevant authorities to help improve email security.

Kindly visit the articles provided below to make sure that you get the proper configuration settings to protect yourself from scams with Trend Micro Security.

Enable Trend Micro features on Windows
Protect Yourself From Scams on Android with Mobile Security

Hope this helps. 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights