Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Saturday, October 8th, 2022 7:36 PM

Closed

Using Trend Microsystems for Web Blocking but not working on Firefox Mobile

As the title states. I have used Trend Microsystems in the past to do blocking if certain content. I am using Firefox mobile. If I recall earlier in the year the blocking feature was working fine, but now as I add websites to block, the blocking feature is not performing as expected. I.e: not working at all

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

2 years ago

Hi @spennyfe,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

You may filter certain website categories under Parental Controls. On the Trend Micro Mobile Security app, tap Parental Controls, you will need to enter your PIN code to open this feature. Under Website Filter, you may choose the protection level from Child, Pre-teen, Teen, and Custom. You may set it to Custom so you can filter your preferred blocking category. You may also add a specific site under the Blocked List.

We also have the Web Guard which automatically filters unwanted websites. On the Mobile Security app, tap Web Guard. Under Exception and History, tap Blocked List and add the site you need to block. Under Protection, make sure that Firefox has a checkmark.

Let us know if these work on your end.

- TM_Kath

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

@tm_kath​ It seems to have worked for most part. Some sites are overriding the restriction (instagram) but most have been blocked. Thanks

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

I'm glad to know it works, @spennyfe!

For the website filter feature, Web Guard settings will be prioritized by the Mobile Security app.

Let us know if you need more help.

- TM_Kath

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights