• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

Sunday, October 17th, 2021 3:26 PM

Closed

Answered

Unsecured wifi

Without any recent changes on my end, phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) or carrier (Sprint/T-mobile) or network(WPA/WPA2), I just started getting a TrendMicro message stating that I'm on an Unsecured wifi connection. Why?

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

3 years ago

Without any recent changes on my end, phone (Samsung S21 Ultra) or carrier (Sprint/T-mobile) or network(WPA/WPA2), I just started getting a TrendMicro message stating that I'm on an Unsecured wifi connection. Why?

Note: This comment was created from a merged conversation originally titled Unsecured Wifi Warning

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

190 Points

3 years ago

Hi deejayhunt,

To help you with your concern, I'd like to ask for the app version of the Mobile Security app installed on your phone.

Also, is the Unsecured WiFi connection your home network?

Let us know how it goes.

-TM_Darryl

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

@darrylfserdon 

The App version is 12.9.0.3615.

Yes, the Unsecured Wifi connection is my home network. 

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

190 Points

Thanks for the information, deejayhunt! Upon checking, this is a known issue for the latest version of Mobile Security for Android. Our team is already aware and is currently working on a fix. We'll let you know once an update is available.

For now, you may disregard the Unsecured Wi-Fi connection message. We assure you that your network is safe as it's using the WPA/WPA2 security method.

-TM_Darryl

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

@darrylfserdon 

Thank you much!

This erroneous warning message is very annoying so hopefully it can be fixed as expeditiously as your responses!

Thanks again

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

190 Points

No worries, deejayhunt. We'll let you know once there's an update as soon as possible.

Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you and we'll gladly assist you. Stay safe and have a great day!

-TM_Darryl

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

@darrylfserdon

Dear Darryl. 7 month ago and I've got the same with android mobile security v. 12.15.0. It states my lokal wifi as unsecure, based on missing password, even it is wpa/wpa2 secured. May you have some ideas? B R Thomas

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

Hi thomaskast,

Can you try to turn off the Wi-fi checker and turn it back on again? After that kindly test if the issue is still there?

If it's still happening, can you try to reinstall the Trend Micro application and check again?

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights