Trend Security Expert

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

Tuesday, June 27th, 2023 7:44 AM

Closed

Trend Micro Mobile Security version 15.6.0.4950 now available!

We are thrilled to announce the release of TMMS version 15.6.0.4950, now available for download on the Google Play Store. To ensure you make the most of this update, please take a moment to read through the following release notes highlighting the key improvements:

1. Fake Cleaner App Detection 

• Mobile Security for Android now includes detection for the following unwanted cleaner app  behaviors listed below:
    • Continuously displaying fake activity notifications or ads within the app
    • Misleading functionality and false results during cleaning scans.
    • Showing ads could be classified as fake security alerts

• Check out this Help Center solution to know more about these detection categories:
  • To enable Cleaner PUA/ PUA Detection Alerts, tick the box "Potentially Unwanted Cleaner App Alerts" under Security Scan Feature

2. "Memory Booster" has been changed to "App Stop."

3. Enhancements of Accessibility Shortcut Enablement Flow

To prevent unintentional deactivation of accessibility permission and TMMS features, we have enhanced wording and alerts regarding the enabling of Accessibility Shortcut, as it is necessary for various TMMS features.

Note: The Trend Micro Accessibility Shortcut Icon is an Android feature that allows you to easily turn on or off the Accessibility setting of TMMS

Tell us what you think!

You can also add what features you would like to see in the Comment section.

Join the discussion!

Sign in or create an account.

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

1 year ago

Sounds very good, it remains to be seen how (if) it works ... 😀. 

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

1 year ago

Not comparing but this new feature is I think similar to Bitdefender's anomaly detction. Is this feature able to detect apps which shows fake ads or redirect users to malicious sites from the ads shown inside the app. Indeed this feature proves useful and effective. Not all AV offers such exceptional protection features like Trend Micro does with its android version.

Neophyte

• 

12 Messages

• 

350 Points

1 year ago

UK "Mobile" TMMS Auto-Update shows as Up-to-Date at 2.579 ( just confirmed OK by Trend-Support online Chat> ), BUT our UK Mobiles <About> are still April-2023 Version 15.5.0.4808 NOT this 15.6.0.4950.  Will continue to rely on Auto-Update & wait for Trend to enable the 15.6 in the UK......

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

@ trend_37f976 Trend Micro are irrelevant. They've uploaded the version to GPM and it's waiting ... If you're on a "server-side switch" it could take a week 🤬.  

This is one of Google's favorite quips, and no one knows why, how, what the point is 🤷🏻‍♂️. 

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @trend_37f976 and @Dani_2077,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community. 

The new update started rolling out globally on June 28, 2023. However, the update is being released gradually based on your location, so it might take some time before it becomes available for you to update from the Play Store. Please be patient and expect the update to arrive soon. Thank you for your understanding.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

280 Points

1 year ago

In regards to this new update for TMMS version 15.6.0.4950.

My current version is 15.5.0.4808 (see pic). I opened Google Play & tried to install the new update, but it wasn't there.

(edited)

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

@ BigTex311 We are waiting 😀. 

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

I went to the Google Play Store and version 15.6.0.4950 is not there to download. I currently have version 15.5.0.4808. ??

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

280 Points

@bsoucie​ That's what most of us commenting are asking. Consensus says to rely on Google Play auto-update. You'd think it would've been readily available before sending us the update emails. 

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @bsoucie,

The latest version of Trend Micro Mobile Security, which is the global build release, started rolling out on June 28, 2023. However, the availability of the update may vary depending on your location or country. Please note that it may take some time before the update becomes available for you to download from the Play Store. We appreciate your understanding in this matter.

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

190 Points

1 year ago

Confusing. Trend Micro pushes very hard to sell extra programs, so my first question when I read another enthusiastic promo is: does it cost extra? It doesn't say, so my guess is that the answer is "yes," and my interest immediately flags.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @michaeloppen_90aec7​, 

The new build is free for existing Trend Micro subscribers. Just wait for it to become available for your update, depending on your location. Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for amazing features and improvements!

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

190 Points

1 year ago

This is an update to something already paid for. My guess is it won't cost extra, but if it does it'll be worth it like all Trend's products. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Hi @2davidoll,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Indeed this new update for Mobile Security is free as long as you are an active subscriber for Trend Micro Products specifically Mobile Security. ​Thanks!

Regards,

tm_rica

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

1 year ago

As an epilogue to the discussion (😀) - today 29.06./Europe/11am (GMT +3) i got the new version 🎉 .

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@Dani_2077​ awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights