Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Tuesday, October 24th, 2023 4:39 PM

Closed

Moto e7 not compatible with Trend micro mobile security

When I link from PC Trend Mobile Security App says ' Your device isn't compatible with this version' : I have Moto e7 running android 13.

Why can't I have mobile protection ?

Hotshot

• 

20 Messages

• 

690 Points

9 months ago

Apparently hackers not interested in Moto e7 ... 😂. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

9 months ago

Hi @chriswarthurs

Instead of using the download link from 'Protect Another Device,' did you try installing it from the Google Play Store?

Please refer to 'How to Install Trend Micro Mobile Security on Android.' Please note that we have specific system requirements, and due to support limitations, Android Go and Android One OS are not yet supported.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

In fact you can't find it on Play Store presumably because not compatible.

Is there work to operate on Android OS ?

Thanks

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @chriswarthurs,

To help you determine if your device is compatible with Trend Micro Mobile Security, we'll need a little more information.

Follow these steps to provide a screenshot of your device information:

1. Go to the settings on your device.
2. Locate the "About Phone" section.
3. Capture a screenshot of the "Android version" and all the details below it.

Also, please ensure that your device's country or region settings match your current location in both your device settings and the Play Store. Thanks!

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

The Trend site makes it clear that the Micro version is not compatible with Android OS which the M e7 runs on.

Question is - when will it be uodate to cover this OS : and do I get a subscription rebate until it does ?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @chriswarthurs​, 

We need to know the exact Android version and edition of your Motorola E7 to ensure that it is running Android version 13 and not Android Go nor Android One OS. This information is important to determine compatibility with your phone before we conclude that it is really not compatible with your device.

Regarding the Android editions mentioned above, they are not compatible due to certain permissions and features related to mobile security. Unfortunately, if your device has one of those editions, you won't be able to install Trend Micro Mobile Security on your phone, and there is no certain date for when it will be available or if it will stay incompatible.

One factor that affects Trend Micro not being available on your Play Store is the country it is being set in, so if you can check the country that is set on your device, it will be a great help.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @chriswarthurs​, 

Thank you for the quick response. We will check this on our end and provide an update here as soon as possible.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights