veitvosshage's profile

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

Friday, January 27th, 2017 5:48 AM

Closed

Mobile Security - password

Mobile Security  app for  Androids phone does not allow password change

The  mobile security  app  does  not  relate  to  the regular  Trend  'My Account'  password and  does  not  allow  a  password  change.   My  particular  issue  is,  that  I  have  a  2 Sim  phone  and  when  my  data   Sim  changes,  Trend locks  the  phone as  presumed  missing.  I  was  under  assumption  that  my  recently  changed  password   was  the  same  for  Mobile security.  I  needed  to  use  the  option  to  unlock  my  phone  via  emailed unlock  key,  which  is an issue if one  does  not  have  access  to  email  at  the  time (happened  to  me).    Mobile Security  does not  allow  for  a  password  change and  does  not  automatically  change   when  the  main  password  is  changed.  

3 Messages

• 

150 Points

8 years ago

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Password Mobile security.

Mobile Security App unable to change password
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

166 Messages

• 

3.4K Points

8 years ago

Welcome to the community @veit.vosshage!

I think you are referring to the SIM Lock feature. For the unlock key, you can actually just visit the Lost Device Protection Portal website and sign in to your account. No need for access to your emails, just sign in and you will see your device and under "details" it will show you the unlock key.

Here is another useful guide: Using the Lost Device Protection feature in Mobile Security for Android

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights