2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Friday, February 12th, 2021 1:12 PM

Closed

Resolved

Major Issue: Phone Lock ; Mobile Security for Android V 12.2.0

Dear Support Team,
a few days ago I just wanted to change the SD storage card within my Galaxy S10 - while having the sim protection enabled. SIM and storage card are on the same SIM tray.

This caused the lock of the phone.

Without expecting that I was really boned; having the relevant asked passphrase IN the phone which Mobile Security did lock!

My understanding of the sim protection feature is, that the phone should be locked if one inserts another than the registered SIM e.g. in a case of theft or similar. Not that the telephone locks when the correct SIM Card is only put out and in again.

May someone tooks that issue as serious as it appeared to me and as a suggestion for improvement.

Sincerely
Timo

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

3 years ago

Hi, tmp

Thank you for sharing your suggestions. The SIM Card Lock feature locks your mobile device when anyone changes or removes the SIM card. It's activated when the SIM card is ejected from the slot. It helps in securing the mobile device against theft since it automatically locks when someone tries to use the device by removing the SIM Card. 

The device would be left unsecured if it's unlocked by another person using the correct SIM card. For example, if someone stole a phone normally it will include the current and correct SIM card. Since the mechanism of SIM Card Lock is to lock the device when the SIM card is removed or tampered with, it will protect the device regardless of inserting the old SIM card in the hands of the theft. No other person can use the device unless the phone owner provides their Trend Micro account password or the unlock key. 

How to use Lost Device Protection (Mobile Security for Android)

- TM_Reine

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Thanks for the highly appreciated explanation, TM_Reine.

Writing my comment was mainly caused been struck by a sudden and for my knowledge at that time, unforeseen phone lock.

In the situation, that all my passwords are in a password manager in the phone. Even the one for my mailaccount.

I totally agree to how this feature is designed to work; but have to highlight, that may an additional warning or hint at activation of this feature would be helpful.

Cheers
Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

No worries tmp! I understand your perspective on this concern. I'll definitely share this suggestion with our team. Should you need help and have questions feel free to let us know here in the community.

- TM_Reine

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights