Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wednesday, August 16th, 2023 12:00 PM

Closed

Can't Remove Old Device From Trend Micro

Hi, I want to remove Trend Micro from an old phone so that I can use it on my new phone but despite Trend Micro saying to click the "x" in next to the device in order to remove it, there is no "x". I've looked online and can't seem to find anyone with a similar issue and every solution to removing a device is to click the "x", which isn't there. I've attached an image to show what I mean and any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

1 year ago

Hi @geordanduffy30

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

It is possible that your mobile device is the primary device, which is why it cannot be removed from your account.

To protect your new mobile device, you can transfer the subscription upon activation. With that in mind, I would like to ask: what type of mobile device do you want to protect? Is it Android or iOS?

know how to How to transfer subscription to an Android device and Transfer Mobile Security protection to new iPhone or iPad

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

@tm_carlo​ Hi Carlo. My computer is the primary device but I'll try to transfer the subscription upon activation on my new phone. I don't have access to the new phone at the moment but I'll let you know how I go with that. Thank you for the suggestion and the links. 

P.S. The phone is android (Google Pixel 7a) 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

@geordanduffy30​ ,

Yes please inform if it works for you.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

@tm_carlo​ Hi Carlo. Sorry for the late reply. Your advice has indeed worked. Thank you for the assistance. 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

That's good to know @geordanduffy30​ thank you for the update!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights