Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

Tuesday, October 1st, 2019 10:13 AM

Closed

App freeze will no longer close apps

When I run System Tuner and do App Freeze after Optimizing, it comes back with no improvement and all the apps I selected to close are all still open. Issue occurs if I try and close one or multiple apps.
Running software on Samsung Galaxy S9 device
Trend Micro 11.0.1.2249

Brand User

Hustler

• 

163 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

5 years ago

Hi mia.symonds,

Welcome to the Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Are you able to try running a scan and using App Freeze again to check if it shows progress in percentages? here's an example:

How do you say that the selected apps are still open? Where do you see this indication?

- Reine

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

132 Points

5 years ago

It displays 0.0% and doesn't advance then goes to the App Freeze Complete screen showing 0b / 0min.
When I say the apps remain open I mean if I run System Tuner and App Freeze again, it hasn't stopped any of the apps I selected. It worked perfectly yesterday.

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

268 Messages

• 

3.5K Points

5 years ago

Hi mia.symonds,

Could you please try clearing Trend Micro Mobile Security's cache?
  1. Open Settings.
  2. Tap 'Apps'.
  3. Locate then select the Trend Micro Mobile Security application.
  4. Tap Storage.
  5. Tap CLEAR CACHE.
After clearing the cache, check if the problem persists.

Awaiting your response.

~Pia

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

2 years ago

Trend Micro tech support chat reveals 'Operate Just As A Phone' and 'App Freeze' are non-functional with Android OS 13.

Most disappointing...and time consuming to diagnose... 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@basnettd​ In compliance with Google PlayStore's Privacy requirements, the Just-A-Phone mode feature was removed from the Mobile Security App.

App Freeze is available and working.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

2 years ago

How 🤔 ❓️ 🤔 and how many people are doing?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

@sikander12724​ how are you doing?

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

1 year ago

Multiple attempts at clearing the cache, 4 reinstallation attempts have made no difference to App Freeze lack of functionality...your thoughts? 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

@basnettd​!

I need more information to better understand the situation. Please reply with the operating system, phone model, and the name of the application that you're trying to stop with the app freeze feature. This will help us pinpoint the root cause.

Here's what we can do:

• Long-press the app icon of the app you're trying to stop in the app freeze and then select "Force stop".
  • Check the app information to see if it can be force stopped again. If there's no option to force stop, the app may restart automatically. 

This behavior is normal because some system application can't stop forcefully because it needs to run in background process.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights