Superstar

• 

200 Messages

• 

6K Points

Tuesday, November 21st, 2023 10:53 AM

Closed

About android banking Trojan

https://thehackernews.com/2023/11/malicious-apps-disguised-as-banks-and.html?m=1

Please someone assure me that Trend Micro is aware of this sample targeting Indian users as a banking malware trojan.

The hacker news have covered about it.

Kindly forward my request to the virus researchers and the concerned teams and let me know if this sample which is in wild is known to the Trend Micro.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

162 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

6 months ago

Hi @Anime_007 ,

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Rest assured, we will take note of it and closely monitor any reported cases. Once we obtain samples of the identified malware, we will promptly submit them for classification and detection. Additionally, we'd like to remind everyone to stay safe by refraining from installing APK files from unfamiliar sources or outside the Google Play Store.

Superstar

• 

200 Messages

• 

6K Points

@tm_vince​ yes please get the samples and malicious urls if any and add it to the Trend Micro's database. As elder people or people with less knowledge are prone to these threats. Its better if Trend starts detecting it. So that its users remain safe even if they encounter this particular threat.

Can you let me know after Trend Micro gets this sample and the sample is sent to the labs for detections ? Or you can provide a blog referring to this sample. Its better if it gets detected at the earliest.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

158 Messages

• 

3.2K Points

@Anime_007​, 

Your request to obtain samples and malicious URLs for further analysis and integration into our database is duly noted. Your concern for the safety of elder individuals and those with limited knowledge is well-founded, and we share your commitment to safeguarding all our users from potential threats.

Additionally, we will discuss and provide your feedback to the team regarding the blog post to provide our users with valuable insights and precautionary measures.

Superstar

• 

200 Messages

• 

6K Points

@tm_klariz​ Its been one month since I requested to add this particular threat into datbase. Is it added or not ? Please share the information with me. By the way happy holiday.

Regards, 

Trend Micro customer

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

4 months ago

I have a scam text that only has the phone number. I can't report it because the report box doesn't pop up as normal. I also get some messages of scams through my email. Help me before it's too late!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

129 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Superstar

• 

200 Messages

• 

6K Points

@kolohehwn​ you can block those numbers from which you are getting scam phone numbers. There is nothing much you can do in order to report it as it does not contain any links. Its bettee to block those numbers or messages.

Superstar

• 

200 Messages

• 

6K Points

@kolohehwn​ for email scams you can also choose to block the senders and put it under the spam category. Trend Micro has email defender in its Maximum Security plans but its not possible for it to detect each and every one of those. So block those emails as well.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

78 Messages

• 

1.6K Points

Thank you @Anime_007 for providing your security practices on dealing with email scams.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights