Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Thursday, February 1st, 2024 8:15 AM

Closed

Unable to Quarantine

After a full scan, 2 threats were detected. Unable to quarantine. Have located the files (I think) but cannot delete them. I think they are private folders? Any help appreciated.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

6 months ago

Hi @silk7 

welcome to Trend Micro Online Community.

Before anything else, I need to know what Trend Micro antivirus you are using.

If you are using a mac computer, please indicate the OS version of your mac as well.

Once a file has been quarantined, malicious softwares can do no harm, from there you can decide whether to delete, clean, or restore after cleaning them.

If you are using Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac, check this link: How to check quarantined files in Trend Micro Antivirus on Mac

It will show you how you can view the detected files and decide what to do with them.

Let me know if it helps.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

Hello,

I installed Trend Micro Maximum Security. My subscription information tells me Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac (macOS Monterey). I have looked at the logs and the threats are listed Unable to Quarantine. I have checked their location but there is no option to delete them. It is a PUA and if I'm understanding correctly it is a Microsoft thing.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

Hi @silk7​, 

Could you send us a screenshot of the file detected or please provide the exact file name of the said detection so we can check it further.

Thank you!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

92 Messages

• 

1.9K Points

Thanks for providing us the screenshot @silk7 .

We have received a similar case regarding this including the same file.

It appears that  Microsoft_AutoUpdate_4.19.20011301_Updater.pkg is an old version of Microsoft AutoUpdate and the detection is a false positive. no particular operation is required as advised but since it is an old version, installing the latest version of Microsoft AutoUpdate on Mac should get rid of it.

This is a legitimate Microsoft site: Microsoft Support - Update Office for Mac automatically
You can check the numerous ways on how you can update the Microsoft AutoUpdate from there.

Let us know how it went.

Neophyte

• 

4 Messages

• 

160 Points

@tm_ace​ Thanks for this. I ended up accessing the threat/file and deleted it from the location and then from the bin. I performed a full scan afterwards and no threats appeared.

I'll bookmark the site you provided just in case it is needed for future reference. 

Thanks to both of you for responding to my question :)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @silk7,

Thank you for letting us know that this has been resolved. We shall now proceed with closing the thread.​ ​ 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights