Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

20 Points

Thursday, October 31st, 2019 7:33 AM

Closed

Trend Micro slowing MacBook after update to Catalina

I upgraded to Catalina 10.15.1 and was almost unable to use internet. Connection was either slow or non-existent. Was adviced to uninstall Trend Micro and restart laptop. I did this and it fixed the problem. I am now without security on my laptop. Please sort this out ASAP.

4 Messages

• 

50 Points

5 years ago

It's quite simple: Turning off TM returns my Mac to its normal performance, but unprotected. I can only agree with my fellow Mac/TM-users and implore TM to get its act together. The fault is clearly with your software and you risk loosing a lot of customers who used to be happy with TM until it crashed with Catalina two months ago.

/Kjeld

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi kjp,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We've replied to the email you sent to us. I hope you find time replying to it so we can continue assisting you from there.

- Kath

- TM_Kath

4 Messages

• 

46 Points

Hi kjp,

I fully agree with you. Such a situation is a shame. Everybody is awaiting a permanent fix but it seems it's still not possible after two months. Beside a fix I personally await a couple of free months subscription - I payed for a SW which is certainly not working proper ad since Catalina upgrade useless. The fun thing is - if you activate the diagnostic tool to collect a log - the browser (at least mine) is working faster. Firefox! :-) - My subscription is over in October - time for a change after a couple of years!

Take care & best regards

A dissatisfied client!

3 Messages

• 

30 Points

Same here, I have not been able to use my family subscriptions for months. Surprisingly amateurish handling by TM. Looking at this thread again, it reads like there isn't anyone in charge and owning this.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi paulhaberfellner, florian,

I fully understand how frustrating this has brought you.

I want to let everyone know that we are closely working with our Senior Engineers about this concern. We need logs from devices that are experiencing the issue so we can investigate whatever the cause of it and eventually develop a permanent fix. We cannot replicate what happens on your devices on our end so we neeed your cooperation is resolving this issue.

- Kath

- TM_Kath

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

To our Valued Community Members,

Hotfix is now available for slow internet connection issue after installing Antivirus for Mac in MacOS Catalina.

Please follow this guide to install the hotfix for performance issues after upgrading your macOS:

Antivirus for Mac Hotfix

Your feedback will highly be appreciated if there is any improvements after running the hotfix. You may also reply to this thread for further concerns.

- Kath

- TM_Kath

3 Messages

• 

30 Points

4 years ago

Now on Catalina 10.15.6 and the issue is back. Turning off TM allows speed test to get full download/upload speeds provided by ISP. Turning TM back on drops both download/upload speeds. Upload speeds have dropped by 35+Mbps.

Brand User

Legend

• 

682 Messages

• 

10.1K Points

Hi, kitts.josh.

Please try to reinstall the program and check if the issue still persists. The installer you can use will be below:

How to install Antivirus for Mac

Let us know how it goes.

- Kim

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights