S

6 Messages

• 

74 Points

Friday, May 22nd, 2020 9:19 PM

Closed

OSX_REFOGKEYLOGGER.MSGKD15; "Unable to Quarantine"

Hi - Trend Micro is finding the following file on my Mac: OSX_REFOGKEYLOGGER.MSGKD15. But it also says: "Unable to Quarantine."

The location is /System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/MacOS/MRT. It's found a nine instances of the file over the last few days.

It appeared first on May 15, here: /.PKInstallSandboxManager-SystemSoftware/3DA8B512-63A9-4937-9496-F790B9C7FB62.activeSandbox/Root/System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/MacOS/.BC.T_NT85D0, which Trend Micro Cleaned.

But there have been nine instances since then -- all at /System/Library/CoreServices/MRT.app/Contents/MacOS/MRT, and all with the "Unable to Quarantine" message.

Any advice? Many thanks!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi, ssickels!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home User Community.

May we know if you are using the latest version of the program for us to check on this? You may refer to the link below to know if you have the latest version.

How to check if you have the latest version (Antivirus for Mac)

Awaiting your response.

- Kath

6 Messages

• 

74 Points

Hi Kath -- I'm at 12.000.1009.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi ssickels,

The latest version is 10.0.1741. Can you verify if you have this version?

- Kath

- TM_Kath

6 Messages

• 

74 Points

Oops, the number I gave you was for the virus scanning engine. My version # is 9.0.1396. I'll update it right now!

6 Messages

• 

74 Points

And I just updated it. It says "9.0.1396 (Protected by Latest Version)." (And it still says that after a reboot.)

(edited)

6 Messages

• 

74 Points

I just ran a full scan this morning, and it said "no threats found."

But I didn't see anything about OSX_REFOGKEYLOGGER.MSGKD15 -- nothing indicating it was found and quarantined. Does that mean that the threat is somehow now gone?

2 Messages

• 

20 Points

4 years ago

please advisse what i have todo to correct this or, just ignore it?

Brand User

Superstar

• 

650 Messages

• 

8.5K Points

Hi, ellyashe!

If the same file was detected on your device, can you please try to update your Trend Micro Security to the latest version? You may follow the instruction on the link below. 

How to check if you have the latest version

Let us know if the same issue will persist.

-Ann

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights