Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

30 Points

Thursday, June 11th, 2020 9:18 PM

Closed

Mac Heuristic Pattern? & Smart Scan Agent

Left my Mac in the sleep mode for the last day or so, and I open the Mac, see a screen apparantly from "Trend Micro Antivirus" with what I assume was an automatic update (not positive) stating two components were updated today 6-11-20. One shows something "Mac Heuristic Pattern" the other is "Smart Scan Agent P" and apparently at the bottom of this notification I have the option to click on "EXPORT" however being the skeptic I am, I am reluctant to click on the export, beliving this is a scam to install malware.

What advice do any experienced users have in regard to this?

Brand User

Prodigy

• 

361 Messages

• 

5.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi, sterlingbrooks!

Are you able to send a screenshot of the detection made by Trend Micro so we can further check on this?

Awaiting your response.

~Cha

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

30 Points

Yesterday after I powered-down my Mac, I turned it back on this morning. I don't see this notice appear on my Mac and in fact, as I launched Trend Micro five minutes ago, soon after turning my Mac on, I get what we in the Mac world call, "The spinning ball of death" and Trend Micro won't even open.

I think I need to take my Mac to Best Buy where I had the Geek Squad install Trend Micro, where I purchased both. When trying to launch Trend Micro, it does nothing now.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi, sterlingbrooks.

Trend Micro installed might have failed to download updates. You may try to reinstall Trend Micro and check if issue will persists.

Here is a guide on how to install Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac

How to install Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac

Let us know how it goes.

- Kath

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights