Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

Tuesday, April 6th, 2021 10:01 AM

Closed

Answered

iCoreService high CPU load and logfile shows database disk image is malformed in "SELECT inode FROM census_cache WHERE inode=

Good morning,

i had some times very high CPU loads while Trend Micro is active on my Macbook Pro (BigSur 11.2.3).

Researching the root cause get me to the logfile and there are a lot of error messages ( > 10/s) like:

Process iCoreService

database disk image is malformed in "SELECT inode FROM census_cache WHERE inode=xxxxxx -> inode is changing

database corruption at line 74302 of [02c344acea]

Stopping Trend Micro help to reduce the CPU load and stop the logfile entries, thats the evidence that Trend Micro Agent is the root cause of the problem.

Both the OS and the TM Agent are latest Versions, what can i do to solve the problem?

Accepted Solution

Brand User

Superstar

• 

445 Messages

• 

8.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi, karl.schindler!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Kindly try to manually update your Trend Micro software and delete temp files, you may open the link below for more detailed instructions.

How to perform manual update (Antivirus for Mac)

If that doesn't solve your issue, you can try to reinstall the software by following the guide below. It may have some corrupted parts in it causing the software to slow down. 

How to install Antivirus for Mac

Hope this helps!

-TM_Angelo

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

180 Points

Hi Angelo,

I had to remove and reinstall Antivirus for Mac, now these errors are gone and the iCoreService is not longer causing high CPU loads.

thanks

Brand User

Legend

• 

739 Messages

• 

10.2K Points

Thanks for confirming karl.schindler! If you need assistance please let us know in the future. 

- TM_Reine

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights