Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

20 Points

Sunday, May 10th, 2020 10:50 AM

Closed

I cannot manually check for updates.

When I select 'update now', the window comes up and it looks like it is processing but then it says update stopped, cannot update? Why? How can I update? I also had this OSX_REFOGKEYLOGGER.MSGKD15 in my log and it said could not quarrantine. What does that mean? Is this really bad? What can I do?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

4 years ago

Hi, 
donna4tim

Upon checking, we have found out that the file is not malicious.

It's possible that the file has been updated thus Trend Micro program detected it. We've immediately had the file reviewed for its integrity and updated our pattern. After a manual update, it should no longer be detected.

You can follow the instruction on the link below on how to do a manual update:

How to perform manual update

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

- Rochelle

Hustler

• 

89 Messages

• 

1.3K Points

4 years ago

Hello!

I had an opposite problem and was afraid that automatic updates were not working. Then I was advised to check debug logs written in file TmuDump.txt.

You may want to read that entire conversation but its gist - find and read text file called TmuDump.txt if it's applicable for your installation.

This file is an excellent source of information.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

Hi 

dp5204

First of all, we would like to thank you for your ongoing support.

It should no longer be detected after performing an update. Are you getting the same detection after performing an update? 

How to perform manual update (Antivirus for Mac) 

Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with and we'll gladly assist you. 

- Rochelle

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights