Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Sunday, September 3rd, 2023 6:41 PM

Closed

Does Trend Micro support macOS Sonoma?

Im assuming the current version of Trend Micro Antivirus isn't officially supported with the latest beta of macOS Sonoma?   Has anyone been able to get it to work.  Ive tried a fresh install a couple times,  but every time I get a message that I need to update to the lastest version of Antivirus.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

11 months ago

Hi @joewilliamsca 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Thank you for verifying it with us. Trend Micro will release a new version that will be compatible with the latest Mac OS, Sonoma. We are also preparing and conducting different compatibility test with Sonoma while this is still in beta testing, and once it is fully available, we will release the updated version that supports the Sonoma OS.

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

@tm_prima,

When will the new version of TrendMicro compatible with iOS Sonoma be released? Can you share the date?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

@ebenezerpuplampu Since Mac OS Sonoma is not yet officially released and the beta version is made available for testing only, there is no compatibility as of now, but Trend Micro is ready and waiting once the official version of this Operating System is released in the market.

Thank you for your understanding!

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

10 months ago

Are we any closer to the release date please? Sonoma is launched but yet still no release? 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @dannyleeuk

Welcome to the Trend Micro Users Community!

As of the moment, there is no certain release date for our Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac for Sonoma. 

Rest assured that we will post an update as soon as possible. 

Thank you for understanding!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

You're late! At the moment my computer isn't protected, coz the app doesn't work properly*  and it even told** me to install an even older version of the anti virus ?!?

(* added / **edited)

(edited)

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

110 Points

Agree with stevo_lux....this isn't good, Sonoma Beta has been out for ages now, and I've seen previous posts saying that it would be ready when it was officially released. 

A definitive time would be useful otherwise I'll have no choice but to find an alternative vendor..the whole point of buying trend was to keep my machine secure, not wide open because the months of development opportunity have missed the launch date of Sonoma.

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@dannyleeuk​ I'm checking out different vendors too ;-) 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@dannyleeuk @stevo_lux,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this compatibility issue may have caused you. Mac OS Sonoma introduced several significant changes, which require us to make extensive adjustments to ensure our application runs smoothly. Our development team is actively working on this. 

I'm afraid we don't have an exact date for the release yet. Rest assured, we'll keep you posted as soon as the compatible version becomes available.

We appreciate your patience as we work to provide a seamless experience. We value your feedback and we're committed to ensuring that you have a positive experience with our application.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

866 Messages

• 

34.9K Points

10 months ago

Hi Everyone!

Sharing this: macOS Sonoma and Trend Micro App Compatibility

Have a good one!

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

Bonjour,

Votre antivirus ne fonctionne toujours pas avec Sonoma

Cordialement

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

@patricefanlo​ j’avais quelques problèmes avec l‘installation de l‘antivirus sous sonoma.

Mais j‘avais aussi un autre soucis sous Sonoma pour lequel j’ai appelé le support Apple: curieusement le gars à l’autre bout du téléphone m’a recommandé un autre AV qu’on pouvait téléchargé gratuitement dans l’app store.

Ta daaaa…..c’est un AV de chez Trend Micro: Antivirus One!

très bien intégré dans macOS, gratuit…..et l’abonnement pour la version pro est moins cher aussi.

Je suis très satisfait de mon choix!

Neophyte

• 

5 Messages

• 

160 Points

9 months ago

Hi guys,

were you aware that Trend Micro has an Anti virus in the App store?!

- Antivirus One

Some guy at Apple support recommended it to me. It’s very good implemented into macOS and does a fine job.

I’m very satisfied with it.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

131 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

Thank you for sharing this information @stevo_lux

Trend Micro offers wide range of products depending on your usage. For more information about these products including Trend Micro Antivirus One for Mac, you may visit the link below:

Antivirus One|Free Virus Scan for macOS-Best Malware Protection (trendmicro.com)

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

70 Points

9 months ago

Do you have a release date yet for Sonoma?  My computer is unprotected and I am not getting any idea when you will release the update.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

76 Messages

• 

1.7K Points

Hi @gmsmaxd,

Great news! I'm excited to let you know that the most recent version of Trend Micro Antivirus for Mac now provides support for MacOS Sonoma.

You can access the installer by following this link.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights