Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wednesday, December 28th, 2022 2:04 AM

Closed

Dark/Night mode contrast issue for Trend Micro Housecall product.

Hello,

I have seen many many other posts suggesting a Dark-mode option for Housecall over many years with responses from the moderators saying the ideas are being passed onto the devs, but they have still not implemented it.

I think we need to point out that if you have a system that switches to dark mode in the evening, then if you need to run a virus scan on this system, it becomes prohibitively unable to progress through the screens to run system scans & view the results, its possible to get it to run a scan but if it find any issues you cannot really read what the problems where to make an informed decision as to what to do with the scan result. Hence, it is impossible to use Trend Micro Housecall, whilst in Dark mode on a Mac.

Here is a screenshot of how Housecall looks while in dark mode on my Mac, taken tonight (27/12/22). You will see why I have said its impossible to use Trend Micro Housecall whilst in Dark mode on a Mac.

Pretty clear - the picture says it all!

So as its been an issue for a very long time now, can you please put resources into fixing the problem in the pursuit better designed products that work across all modes on all available operating systems. Can you please implement better accessibility design parameters for your Housecall product by fixing the contrast issue that occurs as stated earlier, whilst in Dark/Night mode on MacOS & then test how it looks when using Dark/Night mode on a machine running MacOS to ensure all users can use your product, before releasing the update.

I don't mean to complain about your wonderful product, as you give away free access to use it, but many of us are paying users & this is a common problem whether you have a paid license or are a free user.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

2 years ago

Hi @camkb,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Thanks for raising this concern. We'll send a follow-up to our Developers about this request.

- TM_Kath  

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights