Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

26 Points

Tuesday, May 5th, 2020 8:10 PM

Closed

Apple told me in the last update, that Apple in Future Trend-micro will no longer endorse. What can I do?

Apple told me in the last update, that Apple will in the future no longer endorse Trend-micro. What can I do?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

4 years ago

Hi, christoph.lienhard!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

May we know the exact message from Apple? You may copy and paste the message here so we can check.

May we also know what is the operating system of your Mac computer? You can check it by clicking the Apple logo at the top left corner of your computer then go to About This Mac.

Awaiting your response.

- Kath

1 Message

• 

10 Points

@katherine_turqueza  Pardon me for butting in, but those of us who have seen the message from our Macs are not able to replicate the message for you without instruction on how. It pops us when rebooting at random times as far as I can tell. However, all of TrendMicro for Mac customers have been warned for the last few OS updates by Apple, that because the TrendMicro application is not designed for Apple's 64-bit direction, it WILL CEASE TO WORK on our Macs. And yet, when I look at the Software Applications on the Systems Report on my OS Catalina 10.15.4, it clearly identifies Trend Micro 10.0.1681 as 64-bit. The question is, do you have a plan, a direction, a timing that will cause us to remain users of your product as we continue to remain users of the LATEST MAC OS going forward?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi, Owensboro.Pop52!

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

Feel free to reply or comment on any thread/post here.

I was just trying to confirm the message seen. This might be the "Legacy System Extension" notification that appears to MacOS version 10.15.4. Trend Micro will release a version of Antivirus for Mac that is compatible with the next version of macOS before it is released to ensure that you have continuous protection for your Mac. You may check the statement of Trend Micro in the link below to know more about it.

Popup: Legacy System Extension (Antivirus for Mac)

- Kath

- TM_Kath

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

4 years ago

Hallo christoph.lienhard,

Willkommen in der Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Dürfen wir die genaue Nachricht von Apple kennen? Sie können die Nachricht hier kopieren und einfügen, damit wir sie überprüfen können.

Können wir auch wissen, was das Betriebssystem Ihres Mac-Computers ist? Sie können dies überprüfen, indem Sie auf das Apple-Logo in der oberen linken Ecke Ihres Computers klicken und dann zu "Über diesen Mac" wechseln.

Erwarte deine Antwort.

Hinweis: Ich benutze einen Übersetzer. Entschuldigung für etwaige grammatikalische Fehler.

- Kath

3 Messages

• 

30 Points

4 years ago

I keep getting the same message. I took a screenshot but I cannot figure out what happened to it...

It is this message (below) but with TREND MICRO in the place where it says developer name.

3 Messages

• 

30 Points

4 years ago

FOUND IT! Please advise. Thanks...

3 Messages

• 

30 Points

oops just saw the answer...just one of those days thanks. Will this update be part of the regular updates or do we have to reinstall Trend micro?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

766 Messages

• 

15.4K Points

Hi, samanthalevinson74.

Program upgrade will be available on your machine if it meets system requirements and the installer will also be available for reinstallation.

- Kath

- TM_Kath

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights