• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Monday, December 18th, 2023 11:11 PM

Closed

Antivirus One "Quit Unexpectedly" and cannot Reopen Afterwards

Hello,

I purchased Cleaner One Pro & Antivirus One from the app store for my 2023 MacBook Air. I was able to download and use the Cleaner One Pro without an issues and initially I was able to download the Antivirus One and open it. However, as soon as I start any scan (smart scan or quick scan) the app will "quit unexpectedly" and I am not able to re-open it again with the same error message.

I have deleted the Antivirus One App files and re-downloaded it so I am able to open the program again. And I am able to click on all the other tabs but as soon as I scan, the program crashes again.

I am using a macOS Sonoma 14.2 now (the same issue was occurring when I had the macOS Ventura 13.3) . I have checked the app store and with no updates pending / indicated.

Please advise as to how I can get this paid subscription product to work.

Thank you!

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

115 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

7 months ago

Hi @windsoul17,

Welcome to Trend Micro Users Community!

Can we do a clean uninstall and reinstallation for the Antivirus One. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Force Quit Safari to stop running Antivirus One extension on the browser.

2. Quit the Antivirus app:
    1. Quit Antivirus One process by right-clicking the icon in the menubar at the top and choosing Quit.

3. Open Finder and go to the Applications Folder. Move Antivirus One to Trash.

4. Check for and delete other Antivirus One files or their remnants (if there are still any)
    1. Click Go on the Menu Bar, then choose Go to Folder.
    2. Type ~/Library/containers, then click Go.
      • Find and delete these folders:
        • com.trendmicro.DrSafety
        • com.trendmicro.DrSafety.ToolbarSafariExtension

5. Empty Trash.
  6. Restart the computer.
  7. Reinstall Antivirus One from the App Store and make sure the same Apple ID used for the purchase is signed in.

Hope this helps!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Thank you for the information. I was able to start up Antivirus One and the program ran without an issue this time.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights