mikebruinsma's profile

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

Friday, August 4th, 2017 9:10 AM

Closed

Whats to stop kids accessing internet by disconnecting device from router?

If one of my kids disconnect the device, then all the rules and limits will not work, is this right?

24 Messages

• 

690 Points

7 years ago

Hi @mikebruinsma and welcome to Trend Micro Community!

I understand that you want to know if all the rules and limits will not work when your kids disconnect the device on your router. Let me help you with this.

The Parental Control for Home Network Security only works on the router where it is connected to but if they connect to a different network then the Parental Control will no longer work. If you want, you may try the Parental Control settings on our Mobile Security so that eventhough they connect to a different network, they will still be blocked from accessing blocked websites.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

2 Messages

• 

130 Points

7 years ago

Ok you seem to have confused it it all
I have 1 home network and I plug the trend device into my router with the network cable, then I configure the devices and access times etc.. all is working as it should. Now someone unplugs the device either by the power or the network cable from the router
Does my network go back to how it was before I connected the device and there will no longer be any restrictions?
There are no other networks they will connect to, just the home network
Can you please supply an answer that can be understood
Many thanks
Mike
Brand User

Prodigy

• 

262 Messages

• 

5K Points

7 years ago

Hi mikebruinsma,

You do not have to worry about unplugging the device. The settings and configurations that you have set would still be retained as long as you do not perform a factory reset of the hardware.

Thank you and have a great day!

Trend Micro Home Users Community

Neophyte

• 

7 Messages

• 

210 Points

7 years ago

Hey mikebruinsma, you're correct - remove the device from the network (by powering down or unplugging the ethernet cable) and your router is the gateway again. Plug the device back and the rules apply.

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights