M
Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

380 Points

Tuesday, May 7th, 2024 9:49 AM

What's this BS 'security software password' rubbish???

After all the years of using Trend Micro Internet Security... it's now saying that if I want to 'temporary Turn off the Protection against viruses', I need to enable my Security Software Password... there's no way around this bollocks.

I use a lot of Widescreen hacks for games that enable the full use of my 32:9 monitor that Trend incorrectly deletes, thinking they're viruses but I've never had to deal with this type of crap until now.

If this feature isn't shortly disabled, or gives users the ability to disable it - I'll be cancelling my subscription to Trend Micro forever.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.9K Points

13 days ago

Hi @mrpeterjohnston ,

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

Would you be able to provide us with a screenshot of this message from the Trend Micro Security app? This will help us in identifying which feature of the program is triggering the notification.

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

13 days ago

Been like that for a couple of years now.  I commented on it in the past as I disable it when I am doing my imaging backups.

@tm_helen  when you right click the Trend icon in the taskbar and select disable protection, the enter password box opens up on the screen.  This is what the OP is referring to.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

109 Messages

• 

2.2K Points

Hi @davevt31​, 

Thank you for the insight. 

Hi @mrpeterjohnston,

May we know if you do have a password for your Trend Micro main console? If not, please provide a screenshot to help us with your concern.

Looking forward to your response. 

Superstar

• 

285 Messages

• 

7K Points

@davevt31​ 

Funny thing though, you need a password to disable protection but nothing to "Exit" TM.....

Hustler

• 

107 Messages

• 

2.4K Points

@claudiubotezatu​ That AND you have to have a password set to disable.  For years I had no password set at all. Then I had to put one in to do the disable.

Neophyte

• 

10 Messages

• 

380 Points

12 days ago

@davevt31​ Yes... this guy gets it. I've only ever had this for the last week or two maybe. It is the Password box that opens up when trying to temporarily disable the protection.

WHO thought this was a good idea??? And who decided that it had to be mandatory???

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights