• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Sunday, August 1st, 2021 8:01 AM

Closed

Answered

Trend Home Network security

After purchasing Home Network Security and installing i have never had so many problems with my NBN. It constantly blocks my modem extender even though it is configured to connect and is protected by the Home Network security and has all the green lights to be connected i keep getting this device is a vulnerability and is blocked. The Google Home device, Smart TV, and Chrome cast and Chrome TV are all vulnerabilities but the Home Network Security informs me via the app all are ok and connected while they wont connect or are not connected to the WiFi due to the Home Network Security. I have since decided to use only the Device Security Pro program which also has WiFi protection for 6 devices and life seems it can be enjoyed in the house now and I can use the extended wifi at the other end of the house and what Google TV. Yippee

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

764 Messages

• 

13.6K Points

3 years ago

Hi, dkpleace

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community.

This happens because of the limitation of Home Network Security for extenders. Home Network Security does not support devices which are connected to some Wi-Fi extenders. May we know the exact notification you get from the app? Rest assured we had already shared your sentiments with our product team. 
Listed on the link below are Home Network Security known issues and product limitations:

Hope this helps. Awaiting for your response. 
- TM_Rochelle 

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights