Neophyte

• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Wednesday, October 11th, 2023 11:07 AM

Closed

Trend Blocking IPhone from accessing Wifi

Hi Guys, we have had Trend Home security for atleast 4-5 months now. Have had no issues setting up or connecting.

about 6 weeks ago I noticed in the evening (obviously at work through the day) I was getting wifi drop outs for minutes at a time. 
spoke to my internet provider a number of time they ran checks couldn’t find much of an issue. Tonight, I have not been able to connect to wifi for past maybe 2 hours. Reset modem, iPhone network settings, contacted internet provider nothing!!! Than I got a message saying Network Blocked Trend Micro Home Network Security. No internet use allowed. 
So I tried to follow the instructions on how o turn the internet on, couldn’t find it for the life of me. 
decided to disconnect trend from the modem and bam, wifi. 
please how do I fix this, I want trend connected for peace if mind, but I would like my wifi to work aswell. 
thanks 

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

10 months ago

Hi @amymatheson90,

Welcome to the Trend Micro User Community!

You have encountered the "No Internet Use Allowed" message on your Home Network Security application because your device might have been unrecognized due to resetting your modem and iPhone settings.

To allow your device to use the internet on your home network, you may follow the instructions provided below:

1. Open the Home Network Security app on your device.
  2. Tap the menu icon you see on the upper left, then tap Devices.
  3. Choose a profile.
  4. Tap the device tab.
  5. Choose a device to block the connection.
  6. Turn on Allow Home Network Access, then tap Yes.

If the problem persists, try disconnecting the device from the internet and reconnecting to see if the settings have already been reflected.

Hope this helps!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights