Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

150 Points

Wednesday, September 6th, 2023 1:53 AM

Closed

Protection Disabled Message is annoyingly unstoppable!!! (Update)

I posted this back in July:
Why do I keep getting a 'Protection Disabled' error popping up at least once a week? The only way we've been able to resolve it is to reload TrendMicro. It's frustrating and really making us look around at other options!

I followed someone's advice but it didn't work. I've been reloading TM at least once a month. Has there been any movement on this problem? Or do I need to find a different internet security subscription?

And don't tell me to look for incompatible software or what ever else you have in the can. That's the same as telling me to reboot my computer. I've googled this for months and can't find a solution.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

11 months ago

Hi @jhawkfan22 , 

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

Since you've encountered this problem before and were instructed to check for any potential incompatible software, you might try temporarily turning off the Trend Micro program before deleting the temporary files with the help of the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.

You may follow these steps: 

1. Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
  2. Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
  3. Delete Temporary Files:
    • Click 2. Delete Now.
    • Click 3. Delete Now.
  4. Click 5. Stop all Components. Wait for 30-60 seconds for the Trend Micro components to stop properly.
  5. Click 2. Delete Now. Wait again for 30-60 seconds for Trend Micro recent updates to be removed.
  6. Click 4. Start all Components.
  7. Restart the computer.
  8. Open the Trend Micro program again. 

Also, Protection disabled may occur when the program is out to date. You may use this link on how to check Trend Micro program version and try to see if it is updated.

Hope this helps.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights