Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

Friday, August 11th, 2023 5:16 AM

Closed

PHPRunner Application

I am using PHPRunner Application on my device, but the file is being quarantined and removed by Trend Micro. I scanned the file also using Bitdefender and WatchGuard but they did not flag the file as malware. Would you help me understand why the file itself is being tag as malware?

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi @support_ece9f9,

Welcome to Trend Micro Home Users Community!

For us to better understand the issue that you are experiencing, can you please provide a screenshot and the message that shows when you try to run the application?

Also, kindly provide the operating system and Trend Micro program version that you're using so that we can provide further troubleshooting with regards to your concern.

Awaiting for your response.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

1 year ago

Its better if you provide a screenshot of the threat report which contains the detection name of the suspected threat. Use snipping tool for taking the screenshots. This is the default application for this purpose provided by Microsoft. You may also disable AV protection temporarily and upload the installation exe file over virustotal.com to see if its been detected by other AVs or not.

You can also submit the file for reclassification to Trend Micro. But for that you have to encrypt the file in a zip or rar archive and set a password namely "virus" for it. But I think if you upload the exe file over virustotal website and if has several detections from other AV vendors then the file is definitely malicious one.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

1 year ago

Thank you for sharing a workaround for the issue, @Anime_007 All of your suggestions may help @support_ece9f9 to sort out what's behind those detections, and since we would like to know more about the issue, kindly provide us with a screenshot of it, and don't forget the operating system and Trend Micro program version that you're using.

Superstar

• 

207 Messages

• 

6.4K Points

11 months ago

@support_ece9f9 kindly share the screenshots so that Trend Micro employees can help you.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @Anime_007​ thanks for helping out. We truly appreciate your willingness to assist here in our community.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

120 Points

11 months ago

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for taking time to check my concern. Here are the screenshots of the detection.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@support_ece9f9​,

Thank you for providing the screenshots.

However, this community is for Trend Micro home users and we've noticed that the program that you are using is Trend Micro APEX One, which is one of the security products for businesses. Discussing it on our Business Support Online Forum would be better.

You may also contact our business support on your preferred channel: Contact Corporate Support.

Thank you.

(edited)

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights