• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Thursday, April 13th, 2023 1:08 AM

Closed

Resolved

Not scanning ZIP files after update

After the most recent update downloaded this afternoon the program stopped scanning downloaded ZIP files, even though I have the option selected. When I try to scan the downloaded ZIP files manually the scan stops after 3 files and clears the ZIP as safe, no matter how large the file is. I have no idea what happened with this most recent update that would have caused this change, and I have no idea what to do to fix it. Can anyone help?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

1 year ago

Hi @klund77 

Welcome to Trend Micro Community!

We understand that you encounter this issue after installing the update. Can you try to restart the Trend Micro Components by following the steps below:

1. Press the Windows  and R keys on your keyboard to open the Run window.
  2. In the Open field, type supporttool.exe, then click OK.
  3. Click Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.

The Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit will open.

4. Click the (C) Uninstall tab.
  5. Click 5. Stop all components.
  6. Wait for 10 to 30 seconds.
  7. Delete the Step 2 by clicking Delete Now button under Temporary Files (Delete the Security Update files from this computer)
  8. Click 4. Start all components on the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit window to turn it back ON
  9. Try to do a manual scan again on the downloaded zip files. 

Please let us know if this will work.

Thank you.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

1 year ago

Even before update TM will declare a password protected ZIP file (downloaded) as free from malware , which is completely wrong....

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights