• 

1 Message

• 

100 Points

Saturday, March 18th, 2023 12:02 AM

Closed

Answered

Need to restart my computer to connect to the internet when VPN is connected

When I start my computer and VPN is connected, I cannot connect to the internet. If I restart the computer, VPN disconnects and then I connect to the internet; I can then connect to VPN and it works.

I have tried to disconnect from VPN at the end of a session however, it sometimes connects on start up and before the computer connects to the internet which then requires me to do a restart.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

1 year ago

Hi @teddyedward !

It sounds like there may be a conflict with your VPN settings and your internet connection. When your computer starts up, it is possible that the VPN is set to automatically connect before your internet connection is fully established, which could be causing the issue you are experiencing.

Here are some few steps that you can work on to help you with your concern.

You can try a workaround by delaying the VPN connection manually. You can do this by following these steps:

1. Connect to the internet first without using VPN.
  2. Wait for a minute or two to ensure that the internet connection is stable.
  3. Open the VPN Proxy One Pro app and connect to your desired server.

By connecting to the internet first, you are allowing your device to establish a stable internet connection before connecting to the VPN. This can help prevent the issue you are experiencing where your device is unable to connect to the internet when the VPN is connected. 

But if your VPN is automatically turned on kindly check the auto connect feature if it is enabled. If the settings for "VPN always On" is enabled, I recommend turning it off.

Here are the steps to disable the auto-connect feature in VPN Proxy One Pro:

1. Open the VPN Proxy One Pro app on your device.
  2. Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper-left corner of the screen to access the app menu.
  3. Tap "VPN Always On" from the menu options.
  4. Uncheck the tick box for VPN always on.
  5. Close app.
  6. Restart your device to ensure the changes take effect.

Once you have disabled the auto-connect feature, the VPN Proxy One Pro app should no longer automatically connect when you start your device. Instead, you will need to manually connect to the VPN after your internet connection is established. To do so, simply open the app and tap the "Connect" button.

I hope this helps!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights