Hotshot

Hotshot

• 

13 Messages

• 

700 Points

Wednesday, December 27th, 2023 1:05 PM

Closed

My Worst Nightmare: Lost Tablet with Sensitive Data! Help!

Hi everyone,

My heart is racing as I type this, but I lost my tablet, and the panic is setting in. It wasn't just any tablet; it housed a treasure trove of personal data: financial information, login credentials, photos, and more. Now, the fear of it falling into the wrong hands is consuming me.

I've retraced my steps, called lost and founds, and scoured online platforms, but no luck. So, I'm turning to you all for some desperately needed advice. What can I do to protect my information and minimize the damage?

I've already contacted my bank and financial institutions to freeze accounts and change passwords, but what about everything else? Is there anything I can do remotely to wipe the device or block access to my data? Any advice on what steps to take next would be a lifesaver!

Thank you for any help you can offer.

Sincerely,

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

7 months ago

Hi @stellagomez0102

Protecting your devices, especially when one is lost, is crucial to safeguarding your personal information. Here are some steps you can take:

1. Ensure the device has a password.

2. Ensure you have protection when a device is lost.

• Trend Micro Security has lost device protection.
      makes it easy to locate, lock, or wipe a missing mobile device.
    • You may also check alternative solutions like "Find My iPhone" or "Find My Device" to locate your lost phone on a map.

3. Change all account passwords.

4. Tell Your Phone Company: If your phone has a SIM card, let your phone company know it's lost. They can help.

5. Report to the police: If it's stolen, tell the police. They can help, especially if you have tracking information.

6. Backup Your Stuff: Make sure your phone is regularly backed up. It's like saving all your photos and stuff so you don't lose them.

7. Watch Your Accounts: Keep an eye on your bank and other accounts for anything strange. If you see something weird, tell someone.

Remember, it's like taking care of a lost toy. We want to find it or make sure no one else can play with it!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights