Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Wednesday, March 1st, 2023 5:59 AM

Closed

New

Is Trend Micro device compatible with Calix GigaSpire BLAST u6 Router?

Very recently, I got the internet service from Wyyerd Fiber with Calix GigaSpire BLAST u6 Router. If anyone knows firmly whether Trend Micro Device is compatible with Calix GigaSpire BLAST u6 Router or not, please let me know. Your immediate response will be highly appreciated. Thanks, and regards. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

122 Messages

• 

2.5K Points

1 year ago

Hi @tapasbiswas 

Thank you for verifying this in our community. It seems that you are pertaining to Trend Micro Home Network Security device.

The Router brand and model is currently not listed on our Router Compatibility List . It probably has not yet been tested with our device, but most routers are supported by Trend Micro Home Network Security.

To avoid compatibility issues, the application will help you find the optimal mode for your home router if ever that your router is not listed with the Trend Micro Home Network Router Compatibility Issue.  

How to get optimal network mode in Home Network Security 

Thank you.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hi @tm_prima​,

Thanks for your prompt response. I have one more query. All the 4 Lan Ports of my Router are occupied. However, I have another 8 Port Network Hub Switch of Netgear which is currently being operative after connection through Ethernet Cable with my Router. My question is, if the Trend Micro device is hooked up with one of the ports of Netgear Network Hub Switch instead of Router, does it make any difference? I hope, it is not. Still, I will be looking for your confirmation at the earliest.

Thanks, and regards,

Tapas Biswas

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tapasbiswas​ 

"My question is, if the Trend Micro device is hooked up with one of the ports of Netgear Network Hub Switch..."

I was under the impression that TM device has to be connected before router ( in fact between modem and router)

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hello @claudiubotezatu​,

Your impression is, probably, not correct. There is only one Lan Port, available in TM Device. If that Lan Port is utilized to connect from Modem thru Ethernet Cable, where do you find additional Lan Port on TM device to connect to Router?

Regards. 

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

@tapasbiswas​ 

You are right, sorry!

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hi @tm_prima​,

Finally, let you all know that Calix made, “GigaSpire Blast u6” Router is NOT compatible with Trend Micro Device. With a hope, I bought one TM device from Amazon on 03/02. I tried to make it compatible with my Router. I also called your Technical Support (may be, based in Philippines) and they couldn’t make the TM device operative with this Router, “GigaSpire Blast u6”. Needless to say, I will be returning back the Trend Micro device to Amazon. 

Regards,

Tapas Biswas

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

1 year ago

Hi @tapasbiswas ,

Currently, Home Network Security still does not support devices connected to Wi-fi extenders. You may check some of the FAQs on this link.

Hope this helps.

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hi @tm_helen​,

This is not called as Wi-Fi Extender. This is an additional Network Hub Switch for availability of more Lan Ports if all Ports of Router are occupied.

Hope, now you will understand.

Regards,

Tapas Biswas

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

140 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

Hi @tapasbiswas​,

My apology for the confusion. It's good to know this has already been sorted out.

Ideally, Trend Micro Home Network station should be connected directly to the main router and must be working first before adding a network hub/switch.

Regards,

Helen

Neophyte

• 

6 Messages

• 

200 Points

Hello @tm_helen​,

Let you now, after benchmarking, finally this was sorted out with the assumption that Calix make, “GigaSpire Blast u6” Router is NOT compatible with Trend Micro Device. With a hope, I bought one TM device from Amazon on 03/02. I tried to make it compatible with this Router. I also called your Technical Support (may be, based in Philippines) and they couldn’t make the TM device operative with this Router, “GigaSpire Blast u6”. Needless to say, I have already returned the Trend Micro device to Amazon. 

Regards,

Tapas Biswas

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights