Neophyte

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Wednesday, January 17th, 2024 1:51 AM

Closed

How Do I Make Trend Micro and Norton Play Nice Together?

I have both Norton and Trend Micro, but after this latest Trend Micro upgrade, Trend is telling me I need to uninstall Norton, but the two have worked perfectly together before this latest update.  Is there a way to resolve this where both products remain installed?

Hustler

• 

119 Messages

• 

2.7K Points

6 months ago

You shouldn't have two AVs running on the same system. They will interfere with each other and drag down your system's performance.  I would dump Norton, not saying that because this is a Trend site, but because Norton is usually garbage.

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thanks Dave.  They were running together nicely without any performance issues.  But I hear what you're saying.  I'll take care of eliminating one.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

51 Messages

• 

1.1K Points

6 months ago

Hi @pnnewman and @davevt31 , Thanks for your help with our community and this statement is a factor on why Trend Micro recommends removing other AV's during installation.

Trend Micro Antivirus values detection accuracy and maximizing performance on your device, having 2 different AV's running on your computer would actually affect the detection on your device due to both running at the same time and with this, it would also add into your CPU and Ram consumption leading to slower device performance.

Hope this helps! 

Neophyte

• 

3 Messages

• 

140 Points

Thanks Darlene.  They were running together nicely without any performance issues.  But I hear what you're saying.  I'll take care of eliminating one.

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

128 Messages

• 

2.6K Points

Hi @pnnewman​, 

You're welcome. We can't guarantee that there's no performance issue just because they seem working fine together but thank you for looking at our advice.

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

I agree. This is Trend Micro making problems where there are none. They were working on previous versions. Now Trend Micro wants me to uninstall Norton. That won't happen. Norton Family is far and away superior in protecting your children. Trend Micro is terrible at it, almost laughably bad. So, I'll dump Trend Micro. Too bad - it's pretty good otherwise.

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

160 Messages

• 

3.3K Points

@antonmd83​, Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We genuinely appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our products and services to better meet the needs and expectations of our valued customers.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with our product did not meet your expectations. We are dedicated to continuously enhance the quality and performance of our products, and taking feedback from customers is important in this process.

As mentioned by my colleagues, using two different security programs on the same machine can sometimes lead to conflicts and performance issues such as resource consumption, compatibility issues, false positives and system stability.

Hope this clarifies your concern.

Superstar

• 

311 Messages

• 

7.6K Points

6 months ago

@pnnewman 

If at this time and age you do not know yet that you shouldn't run TWO antiviruses at the same time, I would suggest to stick with Windows Defender.....

(edited)

Brand User

Trend Security Expert

• 

236 Messages

• 

4.8K Points

Hi @claudiubotezatu​, 

Let's build a positive and respectful atmosphere in our community, making it a space where collaboration can thrive without any limitations. 

Thank you!

Neophyte

• 

2 Messages

• 

90 Points

I would agree. If Trend Micro would follow its own advice!

Need Help?

Ask the Community

Latest Tech Insights